UKC

Mobile phone reception around Tenby/Pembrokeshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimberEd 12 Sep 2016
Does anyone know what this is like (generally, or vodafone specifically.)

Also, for 3G/4G as well as just calls?

We've got a party all heading down on separate days and it will be useful if we can easily phone one another and use maps.

If not, it will have to be the old fashioned way
 dmetcalfe 12 Sep 2016
In reply to ClimberEd:

I'm up in Haverfordwest and the signal is good on EE and three, Vodafone is pretty poor.
 Dauphin 12 Sep 2016
In reply to ClimberEd:

Terrible in Tenby town on O2. Okay between Carmarthen and Tenby. Okay but can be very patchy between Tenby and Haverfordwest and along the coast to Pembroke. Population >>>>>>

D
OP ClimberEd 13 Sep 2016
In reply to ClimberEd:

Thanks both.
 FactorXXX 13 Sep 2016
In reply to ClimberEd:

Try this: -

http://maps.ofcom.org.uk/check-coverage

Not sure how accurate it is though...
In reply to ClimberEd:

I live in manorbier (5 miles west of tenby) and EE/Tmobile seems to get the best coverage around south pembrokeshire, which is lucky for me as that's what I'm on.

Even get a reasonable signal on cliff tops around St Govan's although it can be a bit patchy.

I would not rely on it as your only means of meeting up., especially on vodafone or 3.

d_b 13 Sep 2016
In reply to ClimberEd:

One thing they mention in the Range West briefing is that if you need to call for help then emphasise the fact that you are in Pembrokeshire, as there is a good chance the 999 call will be picked up in Devon.
 Dauphin 13 Sep 2016
In reply to ClimberEd:

You know you can save large chunks of kms on Google maps these days, for use with no covsrage. Not sure if it's on the regular version as I'm a beta tester. But signing up for the beta is easy.

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...