UKC

Kids climbing in Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi folks,
I'm off to Bristol next weekend and the boy (4) has declared that he wants to go climbing.
Can anyone recommend any of the Bristol walls for a small person? He currently only boulders and I would prefer that he just did that as we are short on time.
Cheers.
 Strife 14 Sep 2016
In reply to An Exiled Northerner:

Bloc is brilliant and is the largest bouldering centre in Bristol, but the walls are fairly high and may intimidate a small person. The climbing academy is another very good dedicated bouldering centre and would probably be more suitable.
 hms 14 Sep 2016

I'd agree. Bloc is high, TCA would feel far more approachable for a small person.
 Dr.S at work 14 Sep 2016
In reply to hms:

Last time I was at BLOC the holds badly needed changing.

Red point has good food if that's a consideration
 BigTizzle 14 Sep 2016

There is also the Clip n Climb, next door to Bloc. Good for kids, but perhaps not actual bouldering.
Imo: Bloc's a bit lighter/airier but higher whereas TCA is quieter and shorter but a bit dim.
 d_b 14 Sep 2016

One other thing that TCA has in its favour for a 4 year old is the massive soft play next door.
 Monk 15 Sep 2016

I tend to take my small kids to undercover rock for bouldering. It's usually much quieter than tca and there is plenty to play on for them.
 springfall2008 18 Sep 2016

> Hi folks,

> I'm off to Bristol next weekend and the boy (4) has declared that he wants to go climbing.

> Can anyone recommend any of the Bristol walls for a small person? He currently only boulders and I would prefer that he just did that as we are short on time.

I'd actually suggest that he would be better on roped climbs as boulder is generally much too hard for young kids. Take him to Undercover rock and get him to rainbow on the easy roped routes - our daughter has been climbing there since the age of 2.

pasbury 19 Sep 2016

Bloc has kids bouldering in the same room as clip & climb but separate from it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...