UKC

Inexpensive compact camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 14 Sep 2016
My fujifilm X30 broke down this morning and decided it no longer knew how to be switched off, so I need a new compact by the weekend.

I don't have the free cash to go for anything high end right now so I'm looking for a stop gap under 100 quid that has a decent lens and sensor & lets me get raw images.

Manual would be nice but I'm unlikely to be doing night stuff with this one so I can compromise there.
 Ross McGibbon 14 Sep 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

I have a little Fuji F30 that decided to stop turning on and off. I unscrewed it and found a pinch point on the wiring and that sorted it temporarily. Long term, I moved to turning it on by another button (pressing to see saved pics) and letting it turn itself off.
May be a short term / money-saving option for you - the wires run awful tight in many modern cameras.
OP d_b 14 Sep 2016
In reply to Ross McGibbon:

I might try that next week. For now I have the workaround of momentarily disconnecting the battery. If I can avoid dropping it down the route...
 dontfollowme 14 Sep 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Panasonic LX3 from ebay? Nice one on there for £80 (not mine)
OP d_b 30 Sep 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Well. I made do with the X-30 on the day, and managed to not drop the battery as I disconnected and reconnected it several times mid climb.

Now I have been paid I have cracked and ordered a new LX-100. A camera I certainly couldn't afford when I decided to get the X30, but it has substantially dropped in price since.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...