UKC

Andrea Boldrini Apache 5

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Clum 15 Sep 2016
Was looking for an insight into the performance of the Andrea Boldrini Apache 5 climbing shoes (mainly bouldering performance). Would like to know the opinions of others who have owned/tried the shoes before I fork out £140 for a pair of rock shoes!
 andyt33 15 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Aboulderer:

They're bloody sick. I've had a few pairs. I thought they really excelled on limestone from when I was sport climbing in El Chorro. Super comfy but technical too. They're not that downturned or aggressive on the heal so I'm not sure how well they would perform on steep bouldering though. I need to buy some more. U can send them back to Bolrini to resole after too.
 Thrudge 15 Sep 2016

First a caveat - I'm a punter, not an uber-boulderer, so I can't comment on how they'll help anyone on a V8. But I imagine they'd serve you very well indeed. The fit is wonderful, on me anyway, like wearing a rubber sock. They look very uncomfortable, but are actually one of the comfiest shoes I've ever had. It's weird to look down at super-technical shoes and feel comfortable. They smear well and edge beautifully - I once chickened out of a very awkward slopey mantelshelf by standing on a couple of tiny edges instead. They stuck like glue - I'm pretty sure I couldn't have pulled those moves off with any other shoe I've had.

The price is off-putting (I got mine cheap, couldn't justify paying full price) but apart from that I have nothing but praise for them. By far the best shoe I ever had, even better than the Katanas and the Anasazis.

Hope this helps.
OP Clum 15 Sep 2016
In reply to andyt33:

I've heard about that! Only €25 to get them resoled too, always a positive when looking at Boldrini's.
OP Clum 15 Sep 2016
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Thanks for the reply! I think I've made the decision to buy them. Going to see if I can find them somewhere a bit cheaper now.
 andyt33 15 Sep 2016
I think they're cheaper on EpicTV. Good choice I want another pair now. Apart from La Sportiva I loath every other shoe. There just not enough technical shoes for people with larger, wider feet.
Post edited at 15:35
OP Clum 15 Sep 2016
In reply to andyt33:

Yeah, just bought them from there for €140 which worked out a little bit cheaper than anywhere else. Pricey but hopefully worth it!

I completely agree with you! I've got a wide foot and have been struggling to find a good technical shoe. Andrea Boldrini thankfully fix this issue for some climbers haha

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...