UKC

Looking for climbing partners/people to share apartment in cham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Callumjnelson 16 Sep 2016
Hi there,

I have been offered an apartment in the centre of chamonix for a very good price between 4th of October until the 25th of October. I'm looking for people who want to either climb together or who want to stay at the apartment for a base.

The price is vey cheap. I'm looking to climb AD or below but willing to try harder routes after getting some mileage in.

Please message me if interested as I need to pay ASAP.

Kind regards
OP Callumjnelson 16 Sep 2016
In reply to Callumjnelson:

I have climbed in the Alps for 9 weeks in the last two years doing various 4000m peaks. I have done various sport routes, trad climbs in north wales, ice climbing in Norway and also some mountaineering in Kyrgyzstan. Just realised my log book is far from up to date .

Cheers
 Misha 16 Sep 2016
In reply to Callumjnelson:
Ocotber is an odd time of year to be heading to Cham for PD/AD routes... It's more the time for significantly harder mixed routes. You might still get stuff done - the Cosmiques Arete goes in most conditions and snow ridge type routes would be ok but any rock high up is likely to be snowed up. Aiguilles Rouges rock routes would still be ok if the weather is decent and valley level rock would be fine but why go to Cham for that in the first place. So there might still be stuff to do but it will be much more of a struggle to find stuff in condition than in summer. Also colder, less daylight, crevasses not filled in but masked by fresh snow, fewer people around so fewer tracks to follow, only the Midi lift open...
 Pete Houghton 16 Sep 2016
In reply to Misha:

> Also colder, less daylight, crevasses not filled in but masked by fresh snow, fewer people around so fewer tracks to follow, only the Midi lift open...

Heaven!
 Misha 16 Sep 2016
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Well yea, if you've got the experience. And the weather!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...