UKC

Nan Shepherd: The Living Mountain - BBC Documentary online

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Thought I'd share an interesting documentary currently on iPlayer about Nan Shepherd and The Living Mountain. I'm reading her book at the moment so it's good timing!

http://bbc.in/2cOXKfx
Post edited at 11:28
 lummox 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Have you read any of Robert MacFarlane's books ? I found them really interesting.
In reply to lummox:

Not yet, but his introduction to the The Living Mountain was a good read and I've naturally been pointed in his direction by Dan Richards through working on our recent Dorothy Pilley article. I suspect Landmarks, Holloway and Mountains of the Mind will be added to my list!
 Robert Durran 23 Sep 2016

> I suspect Landmarks, Holloway and Mountains of the Mind will be added to my list!

The Wild Places is wonderful and definitely changed the way I look at the outdoors. Didn't care much for Mountains of the Mind though! I have Landmarks in my pile of books to read. The Living Mountain is also wonderful of course.

Doug 23 Sep 2016

As so often 'BBC iPlayer only works in the UK'
Anyone know how this compares to the programme he made for Radio 4 on the same subject a year or two ago?
 Big Ger 23 Sep 2016
In reply to lummox:

Got and read them all, wonderful stuff.

If you like those, have you read any Phillip Marsden?
 spidermonkey09 24 Sep 2016

I thoroughly recommend the Wild Places, Mountains of the Mind and the Old Ways in particular. Landmarks was a bit too linguistic for me but the others are absolutely brilliant!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...