UKC

UKC Logbooks and iPhone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 25 Sep 2016
Does any else find this tediously buggy?

When accessing a crag on my phone I get the little tick boxes but don't always get the button 'add to logbook'.
Also the times I do, the form to enter the routes is buggy. If you click the style drop down it always shows your list of partners instead .

Grrrr.

I'm on a 5se with IOS 10 And safari. Tho it also happened on IOS9.

Can this be fixed?
Si
 springfall2008 25 Sep 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

I suggest you remove this to the Rockfax forum where you might get a reply.
In reply to snoop6060:

I can't repeat it on my test iPhone on iOS 10 in Safari or Chrome I'm afraid.

If the Add to Logbook doesn't appear at the top of the screen (where it usually sticks as you scroll down) you should be able to scroll up to the top of the climbs list and click it there.
OP snoop6060 26 Sep 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

I don't get it stuck at the top of the screen and there is no button at the top of the list (or bottom) I can select climbs with the tick box but there is no way to add them that I can see. I can email you some screen dumps from my phone if you wish. I'm defo not going mad
In reply to snoop6060:
Thanks for your feedback. It would be helpful if you could send us some screen grabs since I am not able to reproduce this bug either and haven't noticed it previously. Send to support [at] rockfax.com

On a related note, the next major upgrade to the Rockfax App will be adding full access to the UKC route database and logbook in the basic free version of the app without any purchases required. This will be the recommended method to log ascents from your phone once released. We are aiming to have it finished in the next month or so.

Alan
Post edited at 08:35
 JLS 26 Sep 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

The problems described by the OP seem to be a function broadbrand connection speed. I've had the same issues with slow connections.
 JLS 26 Sep 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Ipad2 with up to date OS...
Adding the routes by ticking the routes on the crag page I find fairly reliable.
If however, I try to add a route from the route's own page, the pop-up form seems corrupt and doesn't have all the normal options (O/S, RP etc) on the lists. Sometime it will save some info to the logbook and the proper values can then be edited later. Other times it just doesn't save. I've given up trying to do it this way and always just go to the crag page.
OP snoop6060 26 Sep 2016
In reply to JLS:

Good spot , this could very well be my issue. I'm currently in kalymnos on 3g so it's likely not that fast. Could well have been the case all the other times too as I'm frequently in cellular rather than WiFi.

Will send sceenshots anyway.

Should note that if I click on a route the add to logbook is always there .

In reply to JLS:

Thanks, I've just tested it with the connection throttled to 2G speeds and it still worked. Kinda wished it didn't as at least I would have been able to replicate it.

I take it you're using Safari on the iPad 2?
 JLS 26 Sep 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Yeah, Safari. Just tried it and at it was all working fine just now. When I think about it, generally the problems have been while I'm abroad trying to keep my logbook up to date. I'm blaming shoogly Kalymnos hotel wifi but perhaps it's not the speed as such but just the far flung location. That said, the problem has appeared while here in the UK too.

JLS 26 Sep 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Maybe it's just Kalymnos! That's where I noticed the problems most recently.

OP snoop6060 28 Sep 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Hi
just downloaded chrome and this doesn't happen . As soon as I tick a route I get the blue add to logbook button instantly. Must be safari I guess .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...