UKC

current conditions in cham?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HosteDenis 26 Sep 2016
Does anyone know how current conditions are?

I hear there's lots of snow, it's still quite hot but not as hot as during the crazy hot july/august summer months.

We'd be interested in doing the innominata & kuffner routes up mt blanc/maudit, but was wondering if anyone knows how conditions are at the moment.

I know these lines were (except for the heat) in good condition all summer and have been done lots of times, but have no idea of current conditions with the recent snowfalls. Is there really that much snow up there now?

Have already mailed OHM for info as well, but looking for as much info as possible, thanks!

Denis
 zimpara 26 Sep 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:
Some guys did innominata when I was there, 2 weeks ago. Rock fall slashed their rope clean.
Post edited at 18:55
 sam_cash 04 Oct 2016
Anyone got any updates on the condition of faces in and around the Midi?
 John Cuthbert 04 Oct 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

http://www.chamoniarde.com/?page_id=1863&lang=en

Happy to translate if you have any issues with French..

John C
 Pete Houghton 04 Oct 2016
In reply to sam_cash:

Good evening,

There was a fair bit of fresh snow Saturday night which came on the back of a rather chilly wind, and the wind has been on and off for the last couple of days now, too. Understandably enough, no-one has even looked at the Triangle, as the whole of the north face of the Tacul looks pretty heavy, malignant, and loaded. A team of two skimo-ists did the traverse of Pointe Lachenal today, and that's the only track to have been put over that direction.

People are probably going to start heading that way tomorrow.

I can't comment on anything else I'm afraid, but I'm hopefully heading up there tomorrow for a bit of a stroll, so I'll report back with anything useful.
OP HosteDenis 04 Oct 2016
In reply to John Cuthbert:

I was already following chamoniarde for regular updates, but thanks! I also mailed OHM for info. I just thought, might as well ask for some more info here, perhaps UKC'ers living in cham

Cheers
OP HosteDenis 04 Oct 2016
In reply to Pete Houghton:

> Understandably enough, no-one has even looked at the Triangle, as the whole of the north face of the Tacul looks pretty heavy, malignant, and loaded.

Not exactly true, Morgan Baduel and Jon Bracey did E Logic, M7+ up the triangle, and I saw a trip report of some other party doing German Gully in afwully bare conditions. Both last week.

Chere and Contamine-Mazeaud was also done.

But all in all, yeah, not many people going up and poor conditions.

Pete Houghton 04 Oct 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

> Both last week.

I'm talking specifically about the last two and a half days, since the last storm.
In reply to HosteDenis:

Some friends walked in to take a look at the Jorasses- black and uninviting, doesn't look like much is in nick this year.

Will
OP HosteDenis 06 Oct 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

Indeed, everything looks pretty bad at the moment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...