UKC

Bochlywd traverse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 27 Sep 2016
If you do The Bochlwyd Horseshoe (Grade-1)
Do you log this in logbook, or north ridge bristly ridge etc?

Any ideas for day 2?

Cusco 27 Sep 2016
In reply to zimpara:

It's a walk with a bit of scrambling so the concepts of grade, on sight, flash, beta, solo, lead, second or top rope are not relevant.

For those reasons I'd never put it in my climbing logbook.

Just like I haven't put in my climbing logbook that I seconded the approach scramble to the Cenotaph Corner belay earlier this year because I was crapping myself. Oh the horror, the horror and the shame (marginally reduced by the on sight lead of German Schoolgirl that evening - yes, I know that's totally incongruous! ).
 CurlyStevo 27 Sep 2016
In reply to zimpara:
What sort of grades are you looking for. Idwal Staircase and Continuation followed by cneifon arete is good (only the start is diff and its not too hard, should be fine in rock boots unroped). I'm sure you could tag on one of the scrambles on Glyder Fach too Main Gully Ridge is nice and can be done at grade two with the avoiding start and taking one of the easier finishes.The true finish looked more like D VD to me.

This is one of the best ridge scrambles in the UK IMO Clogwyn y Person Arete (Grade-3). its grade 2/3 border. You could combine with a traverse of the Snowdon horse shoe.
Post edited at 13:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...