UKC

NEWS: Black Rocks Vandalised - Police Appeal for Information

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Sep 2016
Graffiti at Black Rocks, 4 kbDerbyshire Police are appealing for information following an act of vandalism at the popular climbing venue Black Rocks​, near Cromford in the Peak District. The culprits have defaced rock close to the High Peak Trail with graffiti consisting of obscenities, name tags and symbols using bright spray paint.

Read more
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:
That isn't Quarry Buttress/Railway Slab, it is on top if the main crag, though not sure precisely where from looking at the top photo. The lower shot is above Sand Buttress.

Chris
Post edited at 21:08
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks for clarifying, Chris.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 29 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I like how they've managed to get the quarry in the background of the pic.
 sheppy 30 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Which is the bigger vandalism....?
 Simon Caldwell 30 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Nobody seemed that bothered when something similar happened at Wharncliffe
 Si dH 30 Sep 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

That doesn't make it any less important to find the culprits and try to stop it happening at Black Rocks. There's a bit of a historic occasional problem here (broken glass left lying around, etc) and this is an escalation that needs nipping in the bud.
 jon 30 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Totally depressing.

Any idea what's happened to the lower right hand corner of the first photo?
In reply to jon:

> Any idea what's happened to the lower right hand corner of the first photo?

Photoshopping to cover a Very Rude Word, probably.

LJH 30 Sep 2016
In reply to Si dH:

There was a bit appeared a year or two back, however this properly takes the piss.
I noticed a load has also appeared on some rock not far from High Tor, it only a matter of time before its all over the bottom of High Tor/willersley/wildcat if things aren't sorted.

mark s 30 Sep 2016
In reply to remus:

> I like how they've managed to get the quarry in the background of the pic.

first thing i thought was look at the hillside cut away in the back of the picture

a bit of spray paint will fade,that hole is there forever.
 LJH 01 Oct 2016
In reply to mark s:

I think most people agree it would be better without the quarry. However cement has to come from somewhere and the peak has a lot of limestone, and therefore quarries.

If quarries upset you, they just reopened burntwood quarry for the sole purposes of restoring Chatsworth house! Apparently the sandstone colour is a good match.

Unfortunately I don't think the graffiti will ever prop up the economy and put food on tables, hence the difference....
 Offwidth 01 Oct 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
Why do you insist on this daft throwaway miserly attitude? (I guess we should be greatful you are not acussing climbers for the graffitti again). Plenty of people were bothered about Wharncliffe graffiti even to the extent of one volunteer going out of his way to work out how best to get rid of it. My bigger worry at Wharncliffe is Rhodies.
Post edited at 09:41
 Rob Exile Ward 02 Oct 2016
In reply to jon:

Having been there today I can confirm that the word is question was the one that stops Sc*nthorpe being mentioned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...