UKC

Conditions at Devils Gorge (Pantymwyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james.slater 30 Sep 2016
Anybody know how dry the gorge is at the moment? It was drying out when i visited about 6 weeks back, but had a bit of rain since then!
 Ally Smith 30 Sep 2016
In reply to james.slater:

Devil's gorge conditions are very difficult to predict; often the only way to know for sure is to go and find out - even a report from the night before can be inaccurate.

The main thing to avoid is any recent rise in temperature - the warm/still air in the gorge condenses out against the cooler rock resulting in very greasy conditions!

Seepage wise, I didn't see any issues when visiting ~weekly during August and early September. The lack of daylight has stopped me going after work and my project probably won't get done this year
OP james.slater 30 Sep 2016
In reply to Ally Smith:

Good to know some details, cheers Ally! Im under the impression that the gorge can be a fickle place to climb, yet alone to work on projects!
Im yet to try the sport routes, so just keen to have a recce and see what might be possible for me to focus on next year! Always disappointing when you have to leave a project for another year, but good luck for next season!
 Ally Smith 30 Sep 2016

I've got two remaining weekends free to try it before going away on a trip.

You keen for any of 8-9th or 15-16th Oct?
OP james.slater 30 Sep 2016
In reply to Ally Smith:

Potentially, I am trying to organise another trip for one of those weekends, so i will have at least one of them free!
I can let you know as soon as I do?

Whats your project out of interest?
 Ally Smith 30 Sep 2016

Cheers - stay in touch. My project is a FA extension to Devil's Haircut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...