UKC

Kalymnos accommodation - Sakis studios

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris85 03 Oct 2016
We're due to fly out to Kalymnos next week and are booked into Sakis Studios, however im reading some pretty mixed reviews about the place. Has anyone stayed there recently and give some feedback about the place or recommend anywhere better?

Thanks, Chris
 dsauerbrun 03 Oct 2016
In reply to chris85:
stayed there a couple years ago... the owner had his son(~14 years old) helping him clean the rooms and do chores around the place. Kid used my beard trimmer to shave his hair(was totally obvious, the kid had a new haircut and a mysterious thin piece of paper showed up next to my trimmer that was obviously used to put lines in his hair). Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but he washed the razor and it rusted up a little bit.

The owner said he would talk to his son so he did, he brought his son up to me and asked him if he used the trimmer, the kid lied and the owner looked at me and said "see, he said he didn't use it" and just took his word. The owner told me that he was going through a bad situation with his wife and so it's tough on the kid or something; which sucks, but he should have compensated me for damage it caused me.

Aside from that experience, the stay was fine; the room was clean, but the way he handled that situation made me move across the street to pantelis studios which was smaller(3 studios) and had super friendly owners. They even brought me some of that lamb dish that greeks eat on easter!
Post edited at 08:47
 planetmarshall 03 Oct 2016
In reply to chris85:

> We're due to fly out to Kalymnos next week and are booked into Sakis Studios, however im reading some pretty mixed reviews about the place. Has anyone stayed there recently and give some feedback about the place or recommend anywhere better?

Can't speak for Sakis, but always stayed in Lambrinos Studios. Can't recommend the place highly enough.

In reply to chris85:

Am on kalymos at the moment, have stayed at there once but never again. Currently in Tina's apartments which are good and clean. Some of the team are in tatsis which are also ok. Continental hotel is also ok and not expensive (you get breakfast as part of the deal. Louistudios is also worth a look.

The climbing season has been quiet so far this year (although it is the annual climbing festival starting later this week) so you may well be able to pick up alternative accommodation easily. The crags are quieter than previous years for the end Sept early Oct.

Enjoy
 Martin Bennett 03 Oct 2016
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Hi Trevor. I echo your "Stayed there once but never again". In fact I stayed only one night then forced them to give me my money back as I wasn't going to risk lumbago (what is lumbago?) or worse sleeping in a damp bed in a damp room. I moved 3 doors up and stayed with Sakis' nephew Mike and his mother. Very comfortable too. I thought I'd heard Sakis emigrated to Australia though?
In reply to dsauerbrun: Another vote for Tina's Studios. Very good and helpful.

OP chris85 04 Oct 2016
In reply to chris85:

Thanks for the info guys! Have ended up booking into Artemis Studios has I've heard these are not to bad either. Tinas is fully booked up unfortunately!
 flash13 04 Oct 2016
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Thats because flights are up over £150 more than i paid last year. Unfortunately now ryan air have pulled flight to kos from next year its going to get worse for them.

kipper12 04 Oct 2016
In reply to flash13:

Are Ryanair not doing flights to Kos from any uk destination ?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 04 Oct 2016
In reply to kipper12:

I think Ryanair stopped flying to Kos from everywhere in Europe,

Chris
 kipper12 05 Oct 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:

What a pain, any clues why.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 05 Oct 2016
In reply to kipper12:

Wrangling with the Kos major if the blurb is to believed. I think they wanted to expand but couldn't get the right 'deal',

Chris
 Lurkio 07 Oct 2016
In reply to chris85:

Would very much appreciate an up-to-date assessment as I'm booked into Sakis in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
 Lurkio 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Lurkio:

It turns out Sakis was a bit grim: run-down, stuff broken, not very clean, rock-hard bed. The only plus was that the water was always hot. Better alternatives are available at the same price.

We moved after a few days to Lambrinos, a little more expensive at €25 for a twin, but soooo much better.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...