UKC

NEWS: Crown of Thorns 5.14a - World's Biggest Roof Crack by Wideboyz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Oct 2016
Pete Whittaker and Tom Randall break the Staffs Nose record by 2 hours 14 minutes!, 5 kbTom Randall and Pete Whittaker - AKA The Wideboyz - have established the world's biggest roof crack at White Rim in Utah's Canyonlands National Park, USA. Crown of Thorns 5.14a features 165ft of horizontal climbing.

Read more
 John2 03 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

What's an invert torpedo?
 FactorXXX 03 Oct 2016
In reply to John2:

What's an invert torpedo?

Cock jam?
 Chris Harris 03 Oct 2016
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Cock jam?

At a place called "White Rim", I suspect knob cheese, rather than cock jam.........
 Greasy Prusiks 03 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

This is my new link I'm showing people who say Brits can't crack climb.
 Cusco 03 Oct 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

And to those who say we're too serious, reserved, never have a laugh and are Victorian prudes
 SuperLee1985 04 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Would also like to know what an 'Invert Torpedo' is.

Also is a knee lock different to a knee bar? (if so how?)

Anyway cracking effort to the pair of them!
 Steve Long 04 Oct 2016
In reply to SuperLee1985:

Knee bar = foot to knee lever between surfaces. Knee lock = just the knee in the crack. That's my understanding anyway!
cb294 04 Oct 2016
In reply to Steve Long:

I always assumed the difference was in how the jamming action is generated: Knee bar -> sideways rotation at the hip, Knee lock -> lateral expansion due to bending of the knee. I love offwidth climbing, and am always amused when people think it is only grunting and pain (there is that too) and no technique.

No idea what an invert torpedo (or a standard torpedo at that) is supposed to be. Full body jamming, head up or down?

CB
 SenzuBean 04 Oct 2016
In reply to cb294:

If you watched the special features on the Wideboyz DVD they covered a whole bunch of new moves they supposedly invented for upside down offwidthing. I couldn't tell if they were being serious or not as they were laughing like schoolgirls the whole time!
 Bulls Crack 04 Oct 2016
In reply to SenzuBean:

Schoolboys surely?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...