UKC

Gear not available in the UK?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Shields 11 Oct 2016
Just wondering if any of you guys know what equipment is available in the US and not in the UK / Europe?
 tehmarks 11 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

Trango Big Bros are one example which immediately springs to mind.
 deepstar 11 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

Silent Partner.
In reply to deepstar:

Even in the US the Silent Partner will be hard to find as it has been discontinued.
 bouldery bits 11 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

Proper Oreos.
 ben b 11 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

Well, there's a lot of it - what kind of gear are you thinking of?

Have a look at somewhere like REI to get an idea about what a big chain sells in the US

b
 tspoon1981 11 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:
http://www.thecannabist.co/strains/

For medicinal purposes only.
Post edited at 19:58
OP Tom Shields 11 Oct 2016
In reply to ben b:

Looking at stuff such as small pro.
 olddirtydoggy 12 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

I'm not sure what over there they have that will give any gain compared to whats available here. The Big Bro are a Marmite product and I didn't see anything else there last month I can't get here. The trail mix from Trader Joe's is better than anything here. Bring me some bags of that back and I'll give you everything you never wanted.
 jsmcfarland 12 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

Cheap climbing food. My local shop is a waitrose.....(lol)
 Wayne S 12 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

The mid size metolius Astro nuts, between aid set and curve nuts are never seen in U.K. and have some merit. Bought some via flee bay. The metolius hexes on wire with a sling loop also seem absent from uk also, maybe for good reason. Not specifically from US, but Camp Bolo nuts with a nut on either end of the wire never seemed not to make it into the U.K., again not that suprised. In the main I can't think of much from US that a UK version isn't as good if not better. Though IMHO the Spanish win hands down with the Totem Cam for gear exotica.
 Wayne S 12 Oct 2016
In reply to ben Ben b:

You can buy aid gear (including copper heads) from most good independent climbing shops in the U.K.
 ben b 12 Oct 2016
In reply to Wayne S:

I didn't know that, thanks
B
 Aigen 12 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

Getting your cams reslung.
In reply to GunnyGuy:

A lot of Polar/cold weather XC gear I've found pretty hard to get hold of. Particular things like expedition quality synthetic -30 sleeping bags, lightweight snow boots, XC skis etc I've had to order from abroad. It's not that you can't get anything in the UK, it's just the range is so tiny that if it's not quite what you want you have to look overseas. It's compounded by the fact that companies like Sorel and TNF have regional sales deals in place that mean most retailers will refuse to ship those brands to the UK.

Also freeze dried food. As far as I known there aren't any companies in the UK that sell bulk freeze dried foods that you could use to make your own recipes. I've seen a few companies in the US but none here.
 jimtitt 12 Oct 2016
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

>
> Also freeze dried food. As far as I known there aren't any companies in the UK that sell bulk freeze dried foods that you could use to make your own recipes. I've seen a few companies in the US but none here.

These guys sell about anything freeze dried, didn´ t realise you could get dried Danish Blue as well as a load of stuff I´ d never want to eat! http://www.globetrotter.nl/winkel/?product_cat=losse-ingredienten
In reply to jimtitt:

Looks good! They even have a load of pretty tasty looking vegan meals (nepali dahl, veggie meatballs in mushroom sauce etc). I always wonder how the airlines would feel about travelling with this sort of stuff?
 jimtitt 12 Oct 2016
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

With Ryanair you´ d be lucky even to get dehydrated food
 Dan Arkle 12 Oct 2016
In reply to GunnyGuy:

I was about to suggest Splitter 2cams but they seem to not be available. You might have a chance of sourcing some in the US tho.
 Toerag 13 Oct 2016
In reply to jimtitt:

> These guys sell about anything freeze dried, didn´ t realise you could get dried Danish Blue as well as a load of stuff I´ d never want to eat! http://www.globetrotter.nl/winkel/?product_cat=losse-ingredienten

How about some of these 'snack insects'?
https://www.globetrotter.de/marken/snack-insects/
 jimtitt 13 Oct 2016
In reply to Toerag:

Insects are fine, spinach isn´ t

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...