UKC

Shit dilemma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ban1 13 Oct 2016
I've come home to find the dog had shit on my ropes, bag and nuts.

I'm after cleaning advice on my bag. It's just a 35l stiff spine day bag.

Do I just emerge it in the bath? I don't think I've ever cleaned a bag
 phil456 13 Oct 2016
In reply to Ban1:

I put my Berghaus 65l Torredon in the washing machine
Came out fine
In reply to Ban1: Chuck the lot in the washing machine. I use beal rope cleaner but any sort of eco type stuff should do the trick.

Bummer.

Naughty doggie!

Dell 13 Oct 2016
In reply to Ban1:

I thought this was gonna be a post about voting in the US Presidential Election.

I wasn't too far off though.
 Dave the Rave 13 Oct 2016
In reply to Ban1:

Shitzu?
 Fiona Reid 13 Oct 2016
In reply to Ban1:

Washing machine should be fine for the sack. If the rigid back is removable then remove it first. If you can't remove the rigid bit then it's probably best to turn the spin on the machine off if you can.

The rope should be fine in the machine too, see http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=202
 Neil Williams 13 Oct 2016
In reply to phil456:

I too have washed a rucksack in the washing machine, on a 40 degree regular cycle, without problems. It's just nylon. Might be worth checking that any frame is plastic rather than cardboard first, though.
 99ster 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Ban1:

Dog sh*t. Nasty. Burn everything.
 ogreville 14 Oct 2016
In reply to 99ster:

> Dog sh*t. Nasty. Burn everything.

I'd second that -burn it all....or sell it on ebay to some poor sod. Just thinking about how hard it would be to properly clean between all the wire strands on your nuts.

Also can help thinking about how often, while climbing, either rope or gear are held in your mouth when placing gear or clipping.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...