UKC

The 950 year reich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 14 Oct 2016

950 years ago William the Bastard and his Norman thugs came and took our freedom and our land. And they still own most of it.

Vive la revolution!
 RyanOsborne 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

> 950 years ago William the Bastard and his Norman thugs came and took our freedom and our land. And they still own most of it.

Wait wait wait, I thought we just took our country back?
OP Postmanpat 14 Oct 2016
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> Wait wait wait, I thought we just took our country back?

Inly from the new invaders. The old ones never left. At least we learnt a lesson
 Chris the Tall 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

In a parallel universe the Danes are still in charge and Sandi Toksvig is the new PM
KevinD 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> In a parallel universe the Danes are still in charge

They sort of are. After all the Normans are just Danes who took the long way round.
Its fascinating just how much of Europe was under Norman control at one time or another.
 richprideaux 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

My lot had to change their name from Pridias to Prideaux as a result. I think we were allowed to keep a substantial chunk of Cornwall though, so it was OK for a few hundred years.
 MG 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

A village near where I grew up is called Meynell Langley. The Meynell's were in the Doomseday book and still live in the hall there.
 Baron Weasel 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

> 950 years ago William the Bastard and his Norman thugs came and took our freedom and our land. And they still own most of it.

> Vive la revolution!

I checked your bloodline and you should be second against the wall (Farage is first).
 DerwentDiluted 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

I saw a quote from the recently deceased Duke of Westminster who when asked what the secret was to becoming Britain's richest man replied "have an ancestor who was very good friends with William the Conquorer"
 Rob Exile Ward 14 Oct 2016
In reply to MG:

Bl**dy immigrants. Why can't they go home?
 wercat 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

50 years ago we had one of the nicest Ad campaigns I can remember!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=advet+bottle+of+guinness+1966&biw=128...
 robert-hutton 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

Didn't we walk over across the land bridge about 1000 years before that.
OP Postmanpat 14 Oct 2016
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> Wait wait wait, I thought we just took our country back?

Incidentally, are you a Norman Osborne or a Viking Osborne? We need to know.....
 RyanOsborne 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

> Incidentally, are you a Norman Osborne or a Viking Osborne? We need to know.....

I'm a Viking Osborne (just call me the God Bear) mixed with a French Cordier. Not sure where that leaves me.
KevinD 14 Oct 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

its a good quote but inaccurate. His family were pretty minor until the 1700s at which point they rose up the chain.
 bouldery bits 14 Oct 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

I blame the beaker people.
In reply to bouldery bits:

Get back in the sea you finned ****

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...