UKC

Arginonta Valley Parking on Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stairclimber 18 Oct 2016
Great work done to create the new shady sectors and to negotiate access. Yesterday many people parked their scooters against the wall where the concrete road ends. An irate local was unable to access the water supply for his animals. There is ample parking and I'm sure this problem need not recur. I am posting here as well as on the Climb Kalymnos site as the crags seem to be particularly popular with the Brits.
 Dandan 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Stairclimber:

That seems odd because there is plenty of space to park further up the track near to the abandoned car, which is even closer to the crag, plus you can tuck your scooter in the shade of a tree. I know the track is rough but you could push the scooter along if you were that worried about dropping it!
Hopefully people will park more suitably in future, I agree it's a great crag for a hot afternoon, it should become very popular.
 abbeywall 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Stairclimber:

that's a shame as there is loads of easy parking, compared to some of the Kalymnos crags. I gather access to this crag is already a bit sensitive.

As a shady crag with short access it is already very popular. Like being at a climbing wall. Indeed great work to create these new sectors (valley and black Buddha). The climbing on the grey wall at the valley crag was good but it is still quite mucky on the ledges. The red wall was superb. Watch out for the lovely donkey on the way to Black buddha

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...