UKC

Fairy Cave Quarry yesterday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 23 Oct 2016
That was a heck of a noise of falling rock at about 1430 yesterday (Saturday 22nd)...

We heard someone shout "we're all ok", so we all breathed a sigh of relief and got on with the day, but I'd like to hear what happened and it might be useful to know if any routes have ended up on the quarry floor!

Aside from that, what a lovely late afternoon we had, with blue skies and autun sunshine.

L
OP BusyLizzie 23 Oct 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

And no, this was not from the Alpine Ridge (wrt the other thread) - thi sfall was in the Shattercave area and it went on for some moments, not just a single block falling.
 RyanH 23 Oct 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Glad you guys are ok that was us that shouted , we first thought that you may have pulled the rock off accidentally . But turned out the rockfall was in between us it sounded like it came from the shattered cave area, I can confirm later when I see a family member as they saw it happen .
 jfms 23 Oct 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Yes, a number of largish blocks came loose near the top of 'Heaven can wait' when my 10 year old daughter (~35kg; seconding) stood on them. They crashed all the way down to the bottom of the quarry, pulling additional rock and gravel with them on the way down. No one was injured and I don't think the route was affected.
OP BusyLizzie 24 Oct 2016
In reply to jfms:

Bloomin' 'eck. It did sound pretty dramatic! I am so glad you're all ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...