UKC

Most climbed Alpine route by teams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 24 Oct 2016
Around Chamonix, with the majority NOT being guided climbers, but more teams. So not aréte des cosmique or gouter. what is it?
 galpinos 24 Oct 2016
In reply to zimpara:

On my one alpine climbing trip to Cham, in a long weekend (4 days) we did, Arete des Cosmiques, NF of the Tour Ronde and the Petite Aiguille Verte (I think it's called the Ordinary Route).

I'd imagine the first and last of those get a lot of ascents, The Arete des Cosmiques especially.
OP zimpara 24 Oct 2016
In reply to galpinos:

It is so good having the rockfax to look up these routes!
It used to seem like magic with fancy names when someone would mention an alpine route, names of legendary places that you would have no idea how to find, get to, or get off. And no way to quantify the route.
Nice trip btw! Very busy lad.
 galpinos 24 Oct 2016
In reply to zimpara:

> It is so good having the rockfax to look up these routes!

It's on my Christmas list. There a whole range of fantastic alpine routes out there but there is something about Chamonix that is a bit magical.

> It used to seem like magic with fancy names when someone would mention an alpine route, names of legendary places that you would have no idea how to find, get to, or get off. And no way to quantify the route.

> Nice trip btw! Very busy lad.

It was a good (and very tiring - no acclimatisation, overnight drive down to maximise climbing time) weekend but the overnight drive back was a bit too much and walking straight into work on Tuesday having not slept that night was tough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...