UKC

Best climbing in Cornwall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zacloftus 24 Oct 2016
I am in Cornwall for a few days this week hoping to get some climbing done. I would welcome any Crag recommendations.
 ChrisBrooke 24 Oct 2016
In reply to zacloftus:

Can't go wrong with Bosigran, Sennen and Chair Ladder......unless the tides don't work out, in which case Bosigran all the way. Classic after classic, and no tides to worry about.
 Mark Kemball 25 Oct 2016
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Looking at your logbook, you don't seem to have a lot (if any) trad experience, unless you have an experienced partner, I'd stick to single pitch and start with easier routes if I were you. That makes Sennen your best bet. Bosigran is great, with no access problems, but is mainly multipitch. Chair Ladder is really the best crag for grades up to E1, but you have to be very confident with the commitment of an abseil aproach (it is possible to scramble in at low tide but...) and trad multi-pitch.
OP zacloftus 25 Oct 2016
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Thanks guys, your right i will be happier on single pitch routes. thanks again for your recomendations
 Mark Kemball 25 Oct 2016
In reply to zacloftus:

Just thought, another super place for easier single pitch is Trewavas - sea cliff atmosphere, but climbing from pleasant grassy ledges, well above the sea and no need to ab in.
OP zacloftus 25 Oct 2016
In reply to Mark Kemball:

thanks mark, i will have a look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...