UKC

Van insurance for 2 months in Spain?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samparsons 25 Oct 2016
Hi, I'm heading to Spain for January and February but my current insurer only covers me for 1 month international, has anyone any advice?
In reply to samparsons: Change insurer as that seesm very tight. I'm with 2gether insurance and they covered me and my van for 6 weeks with no problems earlier this year.

I can also recommend driver guardian breakdown cover which is the best and cheapest you'll get for the UK and Eurpoe.

In reply to samparsons:

I may be wrong, but I thought that insurers were duty bound to cover you for third party insurance when in Europe for the whole duration of the policy. I think the limitation is just on the fully comp status of the policy. Don't take this as gospel though, check with your insurer.

As an aside, I have a place in France and a van insured in France. When I asked a similar question about taking my van to the UK they looked at me as if I had two heads - "Of course your covered" was the reply, "Fully comp?", "Yes, of course.", "No time limitations", "Non monsieur." Breakdown cover was the only thing effected.
OP samparsons 27 Oct 2016
In reply to samparsons:

Awesome cheers guys.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...