UKC

Topo for Wilton or Anglezarke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BnB 26 Oct 2016
Please does anyone have a link to a topo or online guide for Wilton (ideally) or Anglezarke? Heading there tomorrow or Friday and was hoping to download them on the Rockfax App only to discover Western grit isn't yet ready for download. Thanks in advance.
 galpinos 26 Oct 2016
In reply to BnB:

I'm afraid I'm working away at the moment otherwise I'd have scanned in the relevant pages for you. However, the new Lancashire Rock from the BMC is a very lovely guide.......

https://www.bmcshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7336

(If you end up in Anglezarke, racked up below Samarkand (VS 5a), gird your loins, for it is an awkward battle.....)
In reply to BnB:

The new BMC Lancashire Rock book is very good and worth investing in.
OP BnB 26 Oct 2016
In reply to galpinos:

If it's half as good as the two Yorkdhire guides, then it'll be a beauty. Happily, my partner has secured a copy of a Western Grit, so we're off to the quarries, loins girded.
 stuartholmes 26 Oct 2016
In reply to BnB:

Lancashire rock online has hamd drawn topos and routes. Campcraft in Bolton will have the guide though if you need one.
 The New NickB 26 Oct 2016
In reply to galpinos:

> (If you end up in Anglezarke, racked up below Samarkand (VS 5a), gird your loins, for it is an awkward battle.....)

It's funny, I loved Sanarkand, not at all awkward, just massively fun climbing. Maybe it played to my strengths, I never thought I had any. I need to go back and do it again!
 galpinos 27 Oct 2016
In reply to The New NickB:

I've done it twice, the first time on lead which felt like a total battle. Even on second it felt awkward and difficult.
I must be turning in to a wall rat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...