UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Offerings from Yosemite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Oct 2016
Wild New Brave Fri Night Vid, 3 kbThis week we have two videos featuring legends of the Valley (Yosemite that is). The first is an excerpt from the film 'Wild New Brave' where Sibylle Hechtel details the first all-woman ascent of El Capitan in 1973 - dubbed 'the walls-without-balls ascent.' The second film is a teaser for...

Read more
 Mick Ward 28 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I think back in the day I was a little in love with Beverly Johnson, from afar. And what a rare delight to see Jim Erickson again. Midnight Lightning for Vermin off the couch at 57? I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Mick
Removed User 29 Oct 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

I thought Verm was brilliant. I was never into bouldering but I loved his writing. I follow his photography ramblings these days, he still has the humour and the attitude, so of course he's going to do Midnight Lightning. I actually thought he'd be quite a bit older by now...

Look forward to the whole film about the nose as well. Anyone know what happened to Andrea Stimson who was the first Brit woman to do the nose? She worked at the Clachaig for a short while in the early 90s, good company and a good egg.
 Goucho 29 Oct 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

> I think back in the day I was a little in love with Beverly Johnson, from afar. And what a rare delight to see Jim Erickson again. Midnight Lightning for Vermin off the couch at 57? I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

> Mick

You'd be a brave man to bet against it Mick

Met him once - I wasn't sure whether or not he was to going to put a curse on me. Like Biped, I thought he was much older.
 Steve Woollard 29 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Respect, looking forward to seeing the films.
Post edited at 09:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...