UKC

Swanage (a love affair)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ciderslider 29 Oct 2016
So, last Saturday, somewhat worse for wear (having consumed way too much beer, lager, whiskey, curry etc on Fri night) Charley boy and I made our sorry way down to Swanage.
Due to a late start and cooked breakfast we didn't get to the crag till gone midday. So shall we go and warm up at subluminal or what ? Seemed a good idea judging by our sorry state.
Nah let's just abb into the Ruckle and have a little sit in the sun.
Up top, although bright, there was a cold wind blowing. As soon as we got to the bottom it was tee shirt weather (in Oct ).
After much general faffing we decided upon Elysium E1 5b - what could possibly go wrong ???
Well Charley was in a right old state. He climbed the first easy crack section like a total beginner, almost forgetting how to place gear. He spent about fifteen minutes on the ledge below the crux contemplating taking a dump.
After a bit more faff he was off - cruising the crux like the true pro he is. The corner proved amusing, seeing his lanky spider body contorted into all sorts weird shapes.
Great to watch the boy at work, but I must admit looking up wasn't a good idea as every head movement brought with it a wave of nausea.
Soon we were both at the top (still feeling pretty bad).
We could do another route if you want ? Nah, lets grab a pint at the Square and Compass to take the edge off it.
After a pit stop at one of the best pubs in the universe it was back to sunny Worthing.

What now mate - Thai and a few beers ? Why not ?

Bloody brilliant day spent in the best company and on one of my favourite places !
 Fatclimber 30 Oct 2016
In reply to Ciderslider:

Was at Guillemot ledge yesterday. (and the square and compass after). Had an equally fantastic day. Was keeping an eye out for you.
OP Ciderslider 30 Oct 2016
In reply to Fatclimber:

Hey Steve, it was last weekend we were down there mate
 Fatclimber 30 Oct 2016
In reply to Ciderslider:

I thought you were there every weekend (except when the Peak was calling).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...