UKC

SnowCard insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jandwilson 03 Nov 2016
I'm heading to the Pyrenees for a month in a few days, I'm going to be exploring the area a bit and plan to go climbing (mostly sport?) as well as hiking a fair bit. Then hopefully a winter skills course through Glenmore lodge. I've been looking for a while for insurance that could cover me for these activities and snowcard so far seems to be the best value... Has anyone used them? Or any suggestions for other providers?
Thankee
In reply to TheBigFactHunt:
I've used them a number of times and found them good, including when I needed to claim.

Currently I have an annual BMC policy though, as when I looked (early summer this year?) they seemed better value. Plus you get the magazine )

There's a range of threads on here that will give you more info if you search.
Post edited at 21:44
OP Jandwilson 04 Nov 2016
In reply to fairweatherclimber:

BMC seemed to be a bit more pricey for me? I'll keep looking, thanks for the advice!

Snowcard or BMC for me. Whichever is better value at the time. I've looked around a fair bit but haven't found any real alternative for "hazardous activities" cover.
 Fiona Reid 04 Nov 2016

We have used Snowcard for a number of years and been happy with them. We've had one claim (theft from a hire car) and that was all sorted out v. promptly.

Their premiums do seem to have risen a bit lately but I struggled to find comparable cover as BMC don't (or didn't back in Jan 2016) allow you to increase the cover for sporting goods (i.e. skis, your climbing gear etc) and electronics etc (camera, phone, transceiver, gps) all v. quickly add up.

OP Jandwilson 04 Nov 2016

Thanks for the responses, been dead helpful

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...