UKC

Baby Iguanas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BnB 07 Nov 2016
Anyone see Planet Earth II?

What a terrifying introduction to the world. Gripping viewing but quite harrowing.
 Jack Frost 07 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:

Isn't nature amazing...how did they know firstly to RUN as fast as their wee legs could go, but secondly how did they know to keep still at appropriate moments?? They can't learn that so it has been programmed into their DNA over millenia.

Those racer snakes were stuff of nightmares, really quite disturbing.

Stunning footage as ever.
 Dave Garnett 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Jack Frost:

> Those racer snakes were stuff of nightmares, really quite disturbing.

I agree - and like snakes!

And the penguins hurling themselves off cliffs the size of Pembroke into the waves breaking over the top and then having get back out on the way back and then walk two miles with broken limbs or covered in blood. Amazing images.

I don't know how they manage to keep raising the bar with every series Attenborough does. I've been interested in natural history since I was a small child and I've seen and read a lot of zoology but they always manage to show me something I've never seen before and often something I'd never even heard of. Truly a combination of great science with great art.

Lemony 07 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:

I still think the goslings hurling themselves off cliffs to their deaths is possibly the most unsettling Attenborough moment but that was pretty close - doubly so for my massively snake-phobic OH.
In reply to BnB:

Amazing cinematography as always. What an unbelievable world we live in!
 hms 07 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:

the hard-headed science bit of me was tutting about how anthropomorphised it all was. The emotional bit was going 'run faster, please get away, don't let it be caught, argh, NO! Mustn't cry, mustn't cry!' All rather harrowing really.
 goldmember 07 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:

By some distance the best show I've seen on telly. The tropical birds look like something from a Pixar movie, so beautifully shot and scored.
 Chris Harris 07 Nov 2016
In reply to An Exiled Northerner:

> Amazing cinematography as always. What an unbelievable world we live in!

Mountains next week. Even more of a must see.
 Lemony 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Chris Harris:
I'd probably watch an hour of super high quality footage of the mountains in question, let alone with the wildlife aspect.
Post edited at 14:38
In reply to Lemony:

It wss amazing stuff as ever... for pure drama iguana vs racer snakes was amazing ( i cant believe i am saying this but some twitter tweets about it are really entertaining.)

The section of the night for me was the cliff diving penguins.... stunning!
Rigid Raider 07 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:

Just the ten minute sequence on the filming was fascinating - some great seamanship by the Zodiac pilot delivering crew and equipment to the island then picking them up in a gathering storm.
 Tall Clare 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Rigid Raider:

That bit alone had me gripped!

The whole thing was amazing - from the sloth wombling off in search of romance to the komodo dragons leathering one another... and the penguin accidentally intruding on the albatross reunion.
 Andy Mullett 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Tall Clare

My partner's next door neighbour is Max Hug Williams who was one of the camera people filming the penguins... he has some great tales to tell!!

KP 08 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:
More gripping than anything I've seen this year I reckon - really edge of your seat viewing. And absolutely horrendous too, even for someone who isn't normally scared of snakes. Truly the stuff of your worst nightmares! I still find it amazing that with every David Attenborough documentary, he STILL amazes his audience with completely new images and breeds I've never even heard of and bizarre natural wonders that have never crossed my radar. It always leaves me amazed at how enormous the world is and how much there is to see! And I think instilling wonder in the natural world during in such times of pollution and global warming can only be a good thing.
Post edited at 10:09
 mike123 08 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:
Watched it last night with the oh and kids, great tv, brilliant editing to have the last sequence show an escape , we all cheered .
Also chuffed to spot an old climbing partner doing safety, in the how we filmed it bit .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...