UKC

Brexit plus plus plus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 08 Nov 2016
Trump is talking about Brexit plus plus plus. Given that, following the June referendum, it was reported in the US that the UK had voted to leave the United Nations, I wonder how many Americans know what Brexit is.
 girlymonkey 08 Nov 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

What is he trying to suggest by using this phrase? That the US could also leave the EU?? That the US will make a bigger mess of the world than Brexit will?? That he can be more bigoted than any of our leave campaigners??

I'm sure many Americans have no idea, but will cheer him anyway because he is going to 'make America great again'!
OP FesteringSore 08 Nov 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

You were doing well until your last question.
 Scarab9 08 Nov 2016

I haven't seen the reference to 'plus plus plus' but is this where he's talking about "we're doing what brexit did"? If so it's him trying to say "look how the unrepresented finally got a say, that's what I'm doing here". His campaign team have tried to get him to stop saying that and get him to call it the 'Trump Effect' or something like that so he takes more ownership of the action.

Just more BS...
Jimbocz 08 Nov 2016
Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Trump more, he subverts my favourite programming joke (Brexit ++ being the next iteration of Brexit).

Seriously, I think he's also referring to the fact that it was a great surprise that Brexit passed and the polls were against it. He'd like to think the same thing will happen to his candidacy if enough idiots come out of nowhere to vote for him that were never included in traditional polls.

I wonder if he wins the most popular search term on Google tomorrow morning will be "who's Donald Trump "?
Post edited at 14:37
 Roadrunner5 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Jimbocz:

He also doesnt realise how close polls were.

HRC has consistently led in all Polls.

Most didnt think Brexit would happen but the polls said it could and Brexit was the more favourite option for a while in the last few weeks.
 The New NickB 08 Nov 2016

Where in the U.S. Was it reported that Britain had voted to leave the UN?
I wonder how many Brits know what Brexit means.

48.1% have an idea that is probably fairly consistent.

51.9% have 'An Idea' but it seems to me don't really have a consistent idea. You are obviously a keen advocate of Brexit but I haven't seen your concept of what it means. Your vote of 'No' means what? No Common Market, no Common Customs Union. No Pakis (even though Pakistan is rather obviously not in the EU and of course this has been voiced )

What do you mean by Brexit?

Edit: Why the dislikes? Care to question what I said (BTW I am in China at the moment so time difference and work commitments might mean delayed response)
Post edited at 16:32
In reply to girlymonkey:

> I'm sure many Americans have no idea, but will cheer him anyway because he is going to 'make America great again'!

Yes that sums up large sections of the population over there sadly. I'm reminded of when Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California and supposedly 75% of those who voted for him didn't even know which party he was affiliated to. They just voted for him because he was a famous film star.
 john arran 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:

> Yes that sums up large sections of the population over there sadly. I'm reminded of when Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California and supposedly 75% of those who voted for him didn't even know which party he was affiliated to. They just voted for him because he was a famous film star.

Fingers crossed that Tom Cruise doesn't decide to run for President in 2020!
OP FesteringSore 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> I wonder how many Brits know what Brexit means.

Probably a lot more than the remainers are prepared to believe
 MG 08 Nov 2016
In reply to The New NickB:

Thinking about it, it's probably less batty an idea than leaving the EU
 alastairmac 08 Nov 2016
We're not allowed to know what Brexit means. Because Theresa May and the current Westminster government doesn't have a clue. I think it means .....isolationism, economic stagnation and the return of attitudes we've not experienced since they decommissioned 1970's sitcoms. As well as the UK becoming an international irrelevance/joke.
Post edited at 17:09
In reply to MG:

No more inaccurate than anything else reported on Fox News.
 Roadrunner5 08 Nov 2016
In reply to MG:

> Fox

That would have been a typo, what Brexit involved was all over the press at the time.
 MG 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Roadrunner5:

It's not a typo. U is nowhere near E, N nowhere near U. At absolute best it's appalling absent mindedness.
 Billhook 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Listen matey., Wen I voted out I ment out. Know wat I mean. No bloddy EU watsits telling me my lotment carrots is too blody bendy and making up all them "protect the environmnet" stuff and nonsense and all that. It were OK wen Churchill beet them huns and Ities, Iteys or wotever. Thats wot we fought for weren't it? I don't want them lot telling us white anlgo saxon bigots anything we want "Freedom". We want to put the great back in England.... ERrrrr? I mean Britain OK?

And we don't want all them Pakki's getting in. Mean I'm not raciest I just think they've all got different things and like. Mean like they don't even like pork or turkey at Xmas . I'm mean wots wrong with the frogs (apart from they eat the damn things that is, but I aint anti frog - I mean the french type not the animal type or the amfibian type or wotever. Know wot I mean.

Lets make our country great again like it woz before them EU lot moved over and took over our country. We never had it so good. A week in Benidorm or the Canaries was good enough for yer mum an me. We didn't need them foreign places did we? You could go anywhere in the world (well the Canaries or Benidorm) and still get proper beer like Double Diamond or Watney's Red Barrell before wot the EU banned it like. Lets bring back £s Shillings and Pence. Good old proper money. That decimilasa../.. OH, well wotever but them decimals was just a con. What ever its done to us?? They've even banned the Bakers Dozen aint they? We';ve got to have the Bakers Ten now aint we but that is all wrong because the bakers dozen was twelve - I fink - and bakers ten is still errrrrr? ten because them lot in Brussels (I never liked sprouts anyway), have banned it. Aint they?

Keep britain white mate. ("Oh? Yer mean europeans are white? Where's Zambia then? Aint that in the EU?")

Build another hospital that'll keep them happy.

Andy Farnell 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave Perry: I think you overestimate the I.Q. of the average Brexiteer

AndyF

Roadrunner5 08 Nov 2016
In reply to MG:

Sorry yeah but I think it's a stupid mistake by someone, most knew about brexit, especially in the NE.

The Scottish referendum was also big news as half of Americans seem to think they are Scottish...

aln 09 Nov 2016

What does it mean?

Yet you won't answer the question of what you think Brexit means.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...