UKC

Petzl Sarken, lynx or BD cyborgs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 12 Nov 2016
Looking at replacing or getting an additional pair of crampons with vertical front points.
I currently have G12's which I use as an all rounder but want something that I can use on mixed and vertical ice at a higher grade.
Looking at the Petzl Sarken( new type) I may get away with them as an all rounder and as my G12's are a bit battered
Do I just bite the bullet and buy another pair and have 2 pairs as the front points on the Sarken are not replaceable.
My boots are la sportiva Nepal extreme so I can use C2 or C3
 tehmarks 12 Nov 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

I have a pair of Lynx and use them as all-rounders, and am very happy with them in that respect. Having said that I know no better as they're the only pair of crampons I've ever owned or used.
 John Cuthbert 12 Nov 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

I have the same boots and use BD Cyborgs for ice, and Petzl for mixed.

The fit on the boot is solid, although BD edges the Pezl.

Of the Petzls , you want the Dart (mono) or Dartwin (twin points). Don't bother with the others..

John C

rogerwebb 13 Nov 2016
In reply to John Cuthbert:

> Of the Petzls , you want the Dart (mono) or Dartwin (twin points). Don't bother with the others..

> John C

Depends how big your feet are.
Darts have fewer points under the foot and that can cause problems.
Having worn out two pairs of darts and now on my third set of lynx I would say that although darts climb steep mixed a wee bit better than lynx they are markedly inferior on rough ground (and using flat holds) and that can be potentially lethal.
Mind you if I had size 8 or 9 feet I would agree with you.
OP andyd1970 13 Nov 2016
In reply to andyd1970:

Cheers guys
I am size 47

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...