UKC

Insurance for a few days climbing as part of longer trip?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 djwilse 13 Nov 2016
I have 2 weeks work in India coming up (hotel based and not adventurous in any way) but I was hoping to get out climbing on the weekend (1 or 2 days outdoor sport or trad).
As far as I can tell most insurers only offer cover for the whole trip rather than these 2 days. I am already covered with a more general insurance for the rest of the time.
Any ideas?
 Martin Bennett 13 Nov 2016
In reply to djwilse:

Sportscover Direct https://www.sportscoverdirect.com/ do it. And cheaper than the usual suspects. I use them - well, that is to say I have paid them to insure me. They are very efficient and pleasant on the phone when taking your money. Fortunately for me I have so far had no reason to claim so cannot vouch for their efficiency at that end of the deal.
Although not specifically mountaineering oriented they and their literature do, for the most part, seem to understand the various types of climbing/mountaineering they might encounter, except for the perennial assumption that "free climbing" means unroped soloing, on which I've tried to put them right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...