UKC

Searching for 'Search for a climb' feature on UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 14 Nov 2016
I am definitely being dim. There used to be both a "Find crags" search page and a "Search for a climb" page. Now I can only find "Find crags" which doesn't seem to give the option of searching for a particular climb.

I must be missing the obvious; tell me what I'm missing pls pls
Post edited at 22:32

winhill 14 Nov 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Go to logbooks then my logbook it's in there.
 deacondeacon 15 Nov 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I find it quicker and just as efficient to just google
ukc flying buttress
Or whatever route you're looking for. If there's more than one route with that name you can still tend to see your crag in the descriptions.
 Michael Gordon 15 Nov 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Just click on 'Logbooks' itself (ignore the drop down menu) and the options appear near the top of the page.
 planetmarshall 15 Nov 2016
In reply to deacondeacon:

> I find it quicker and just as efficient to just google
> ukc flying buttress

That's all very well but what if you're searching for, say, Every Cormorant is a Potential Shag (E7 6b). A Google could take you into some dark territory.
In reply to BusyLizzie:

As other's have said you can do so via My Logbook where you can search for a route or a crag. It's also worth noting that you can also access the route and crag search bar from many other logbook pages by clicking on the magnifying glass icon at the top right.
 Steve Woollard 15 Nov 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

Tried it and the results were very disappointing!
OP BusyLizzie 15 Nov 2016
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Got it - "My Logbooks" has the magic key. Every cormorant is indeed a potential shag and all is right in (this tiny corner of) the world. Thank you dearies xxx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...