UKC

Google Nexus/Pixel products...Don't think I will buy any more

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 16 Nov 2016
Not impressed with the quality of Google Nexus/Pixel products.

I now have two dead Nexus 7 tablets, both of which have known faults. But as I got them off Amazon I have little chance of a refund.

I am, at this very this very moment, returning a replacement Pixel C tablet after the original Pixel C broke for a full refund. Initially Google were not going to comply, stating that they had a policy of issuing up to three replacements before a full refund.

A quick chat about the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and something about not fit for purpose got them to play nicely, or as nicely as you can with two phone calls between 30 and 45 minutes long while the issue was transferred up the food-chain.

I also am on a replacement Nexus phone which had battery issues.

So, all in all, I am not exactly impressed with any product built by Google or by manufacturers who make stuff for them.

However on the positive side, the Google Customer Service is always polite and prompt. I'd much rather kit that worked though.

Anybody else had issues with stuff made by Google?
 timjones 16 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

> Anybody else had issues with stuff made by Google?

No problems at all here, unless I can complain because their tablets break if you drop them down a flight of stairs.

Fraser 16 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

No, but I'm curious to know if there is any special reason you have started two identical threads on the subject and in the same forum?
OP The Lemming 16 Nov 2016
In reply to Fraser:

> No, but I'm curious to know if there is any special reason you have started two identical threads on the subject and in the same forum?

I just spotted this as well.

Can't delete the subject either as it has had a reply.

Sorry

David Barlow 16 Nov 2016
My Nexus 10 is still going strong.
 David Riley 16 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

I write software to run on Android and I've never had any problems with the Nexus 7. I have 3 for testing.
 kathrync 16 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Nexus 5 phone (LG version), been going for over 3 years. Two new screens, but it's not their fault I keep dropping it. No other issues.

Two Nexus 7 tablets in the household, both at least two years old, no issues with either.

Of course, some devices do have issues, but I am not sure that Google-branded products are particularly any worse for it than any other consumer electronics brand (with the possible exception of the Samsung Note fiasco). I personally have had far more hardware issues with the iPad I have for work than with the Nexus 7 tablet I have for personal use. I suspect it mostly comes down to luck.
 mrchewy 16 Nov 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

I've a Nexus 7 sat on the side with a single crack in the screen, exactly the same crack as three others I've seen personally. Wasn't dropped or abused and was only maybe 4 months old. Was working fine when it was put down and wasn't when I next picked it up. Didn't quite know what was going on as half of the screen works fine and the other part doesn't but you really struggle to see the crack.

Not for me again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...