UKC

Mountain training DLOG so user unfriendly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marzi 20 Nov 2016
I am registered on Single Pitch Award and was hoping to get the training done in the next week or two, and I decided to try and upload my climbs onto DLOG. I tried this before some years back but it was such a faff I just stopped, so unwieldy, complicated and takes about 5 minutes to find your crag, the climb, click about 3 pages then get dropped off back the start, all over again, so annoying, surely they can find a more user friendly way of logging climbs, days out etc. To log 100 climbs at this rate will take me a couple of weeks, when i should be out climbing. Ridiculous.

This is basically a rant, any more like minded infuriated candidates out there? The old paper logbook I used for the ML was fine
 jezb1 20 Nov 2016
In reply to marzi:

So whilst DLog is encouraged you can upload files to it, e.g. Scans of a paper logbook. You can also transfer your UKC log fairly easily.

DLOG gets easier the more you use it.

I deliver SPA courses and as long as I can see your logbook somehow, I'm happy.
OP marzi 20 Nov 2016
In reply to jezb1:

Cheers. I hate it. Good to know you accept other forms of logbook, would the UK climbing Logbook be ok?

In reply to marzi:

Takes me under 2 mins to do a multiple climb entry at the same crag. Are you sure it isn't your internet speed?
 jezb1 20 Nov 2016
In reply to marzi:

Here's a how to for transferring
http://www.mountain-training.org/faqs/cms-and-dlog/importing-ukc-logbooks
OP marzi 20 Nov 2016
In reply to 9WS9c3jps92HFTEp:

nah im just a muppet on computers
OP marzi 20 Nov 2016
In reply to jezb1:
cheers for that

I have just imported the Uk climbing log onto DLOG in about 5 seconds, Thanks for your help, that is a major chore sorted now so happy
Post edited at 16:39
In reply to marzi:

Fair enough. I see you have followed Jez's helpful link so that has done the transfer for you. Now it is simply a matter of keeping it updated as you go along which won't be so difficult. Good luck with it
 jezb1 20 Nov 2016
In reply to marzi:

Happy to have helped!

The system isn't perfect, but it's ok to keep on top of when you're adding your latest stuff, just a ball ache to add all the back dated stuff.

I've got over a thousand routes, no way I was going to log that lot! But the UKC transfer did the trick

Good luck with the SPA!
 SebCa 20 Nov 2016
In reply to jezb1:

Do you find they have copied correctly? I have alt leads and solos that have gone in as top rope for some reason
 jezb1 20 Nov 2016
In reply to SebCa:

How recently did you do it? There were some issues when the function first came out.

If you have any issues it would be great if you'd let Mountain Training know, because they will try and sort it
 Andy Moles 21 Nov 2016
In reply to marzi:
A sympathetic nod to your rant, it's very frustrating. The UKC transfer function was an improvement, but it still only recognised about 2/3 of my routes, and categorised the style and type of route of a lot of them incorrectly. And the database is an absolute mess of misspellings and duplicates. I had to spend most of a day pickling my eyeballs on the computer to sort mine out.
Post edited at 15:47

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...