An exciting new position has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to manage sales and provide training across allocated regions with a focus on Southern UK and the Midlands. The person will be based in either Buckinghamshire, Surrey, North Hampshire, Berkshire or Oxfordshire.
Osprey Europe was established in the UK in 2003 to handle supply of Osprey products to the European market and to increase its global recognition as an industry leader. This is a fast-paced, innovative company which prides itself on delivering high quality products and excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Northern European Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to reach business targets through effective management of designated regions and physical visits to customer sites. Also to develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the Company.
About The Role
• Maintaining an up to date, current and detailed knowledge of the entire Osprey line
• Managing and dealing with all sales and business relationships with an assigned group of customers in the allocated regions
• Advising customers on our new and existing product lines
• Providing product presentations, whether at the European Head Office, customers’ stores or tradeshows
• Providing support and a point of contact for the customers and helping them to grow sales of the products within their stores in the allocated regions
Sales and training, including:
• Obtaining, listening to and recording customer and retailer comments
• Acting on the information received to improve product and service levels
• Providing a complete training and support package to stores selling our products
• Visiting stores to conduct thorough training sessions, listening to and recording staff feedback on designs and features
• Evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing message and ensuring that all dealer lists are kept up to date with the correct information
Tradeshows, events, sales and product meetings and travel, including:-
• Travelling both within the UK and outside the UK
• Helping to organise trade show stands and facilities, attending trade shows, events, sales meetings and product meetings
• Providing feedback on product design
About The Person
It is essential you have knowledge and experience of:
• Working in a retail environment
• Working in a sales environment including pre-visit planning, account development and region management
• A knowledge of the outdoor industry
• A knowledge of the Osprey product
You will have strong problem identification and resolution skills with a high level of integrity and work ethic. It is an essential that you are able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers, which will require a flexible and adaptable attitude with exceptional listening, verbal communication and presentation skills. With high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm, you must possess a passion for and interest in our products.
This role will involve extensive travel throughout the Nordic regions of Europe so you must possess a valid driver’s licence and also a passport.
About The Package
• The salary for this position is £24,000 p.a.
• Company van,
• Laptop and phone
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• 29 days holiday increasing to 33 after 5 years (inc BH’s),
• Pension Scheme
• Life Insurance
• Discounts on products.