UKC

logging repeats of problems/routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graeme Hammond 24 Nov 2016
Am I missing something (or is it just a problem with just my logbook).... Recently the logbook system changed so you can't log an Onsight (O/S) or Flash (&#946 a route/problem you have logged before which seems like a logical step.

But when logging a repeat it leaves you with the only options of rpt or DNF. Whilst i don't log as many repeats these days this option doesn't best describe the way i repeated a problem/climb. Can we have the option for a repeats to be sent after practice (Sent x) or to re-head/red- point solo/lead (RP) a route or ground up solo/lead (G/U) routes again?
 Mr. Lee 24 Nov 2016
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Yeah I've noticed the same problem but could never be bothered to raise it. Routes that I've tried and failed at on multiple outings and then ultimately cleaned are RP or G/U in my book rather than a repeat. Currently you have to log it as a repeat and then edit it back to either RP or G/U.
 deacondeacon 24 Nov 2016

Could do with a 'retro flash' too
In reply to deacondeacon:

and a "clean dogged" if you read the other thread lol
 Greasy Prusiks 24 Nov 2016
In reply to deacondeacon:

What on earth is a retro flash?

Is it like a normal flash but done in bright lycra with a willans harness?
 Monk 24 Nov 2016

I found this too. I log failed sessions on projects but recently found that the system didn't let me record my final success as climbed clean (or whatever the wording is)only as a repeat ascent, which isn't really correct. Fairly sure this is a new thing.
 petegunn 25 Nov 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

A route or problem that you did years ago, not sure how big the gap has to be though. I would say at least 5 years not just a few months!
 remus Global Crag Moderator 25 Nov 2016
In reply to petegunn:

> A route or problem that you did years ago, not sure how big the gap has to be though. I would say at least 5 years not just a few months!

The obvious solution here is to have some sort of 'How shit is your memory' setting combined with a clever algorithm to decide when your personal cut off for a retro flash is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...