UKC

Amalfi Coast Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyWatt83 27 Nov 2016
Anyone know of any decent bouldering on / near the Amalfi coast? I've got a few days solo in Sorrento coming up.
 LucaC 28 Nov 2016
In reply to TonyThePrawn:

There's nothing obvious and established, its mostly good limestone sport climbing! Look up climbinghouse.it on Facebook, they are all super local and will know for sure.
 Ian_Cognito 28 Nov 2016
In reply to TonyThePrawn:
No idea about bouldering, but if you have the time and inclination (and transport), Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius are all well worth a visit.
Post edited at 16:56
 string arms 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Ian_Cognito:
Good bouldering in sorrento about a mile up the coast road. Bus stop by a hotel on the bend at top of steep road. Shop opposite. Go down Lane and keep heading to the beach over a wooden walkway to reach a beach pub. Boulders just beyond. Really good upto f7a. Don't know if they were new or not but really cool spot
OP AndyWatt83 29 Nov 2016
Thanks guys. I'm actually there already sport climbing, but I'll have a few days over the weekend on my own and looking for options. I'll definitely check out that bouldering. Vesuvius etc also on my todo list!

The climbing here is excellent, and the weather is more or less perfect currently. And, there is no one else here! I think we have the whole place to ourselves! I would highly recommend a trip here if anyone's looking for a bit of winter sun. Staying in Sorrento so there's plenty of life in the place after dark as well.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...