UKC

Blair and the Chilcot Inquiry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 28 Nov 2016
Did anything actually happen with this after all the years and the millions of pounds spent?
 BnB 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
> Did anything actually happen with this after all the years and the millions of pounds spent?

Doesn't your OP rather mss the point of an inquiry? To answer the need for questions but not to question the answers.
Post edited at 18:51
OP Yanis Nayu 28 Nov 2016
In reply to BnB:

I see your point. I wasn't questioning the answers, more so the practical outcomes.
 MG 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Has anyone actually read it?
 balmybaldwin 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Is it actually out yet?
KevinD 28 Nov 2016
In reply to MG:

I am waiting for the paperback.
 Robert Durran 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Did anything actually happen with this after all the years and the millions of pounds spent?

I think the idea is that it is a reference in the future for learning from and endevouring not to repeat the mistakes of the past.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Buried by Brexit...?
 johncook 29 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

The practical outcome is that some lawyers made a vast amount of money, several people found they could tell lies and get away with it, an important issue was kicked into the long grass, and no one did anything wrong at all (allegedly!)
 Dauphin 29 Nov 2016
In reply to johncook:

BBC gave it 36hrs and no detailed analysis. NOT the STATE BROADCASTER.

D
 pec 29 Nov 2016
In reply to Robert Durran:

> I think the idea is that it is a reference in the future for learning from and endevouring not to repeat the mistakes of the past. >

But is any future Prime Minister when contemplating taking us to war going to actually have the time or inclination to read it?
Like most public enquiries, it is a complete waste of time and money, we haven't really learnt anything we didn't already know and almost nobody will have changed their opinion as a result of it, largely because almost nobody will have ever read it.

Robert Durran 30 Nov 2016
In reply to pec:

> But is any future Prime Minister when contemplating taking us to war going to actually have the time or inclination to read it?

> Like most public enquiries, it is a complete waste of time and money, we haven't really learnt anything we didn't already know and almost nobody will have changed their opinion as a result of it, largely because almost nobody will have ever read it.

Stuff will filter down to those making relevant decisions.
KevinD 30 Nov 2016
In reply to pec:

> But is any future Prime Minister when contemplating taking us to war going to actually have the time or inclination to read it?

Its not intended for them. Its intended for the civil servants etc. Whether it will achieve that I have no idea.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...