UKC

Climbing shoe resole??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RyanH 30 Nov 2016
Hi guys

I'm looking for a reliable company that will resole my climbing shoes?

Cheers
 CharlieMack 30 Nov 2016
In reply to RyanH:

A quick google, or a quick forum search will bring up many good resolers, including Llanberis resoles.
 deepsoup 30 Nov 2016
In reply to CharlieMack:
> a quick forum search will bring up many good resolers

Well, at least three anyway.

Cheshire Shoe Repairs, in Warrington:
http://www.cheshireshoe.co.uk

Feet First in Chesterfield:
http://www.resoles.co.uk

Llanberis Resoles:
http://www.llanberisresoles.com

Actually I do vaguely remember someone recommending a fourth a wee while ago, someone I'd never heard of. I suppose you might manage to find that.

To varying degrees the above have all been recommended by many, with the odd dissenting voice complaining that their shoes were ruined. On the whole, Llanberis Resoles is probably UKC's favourite.

Personally, I would recommend him - he's done excellent work with a couple of pairs of my shoes. I've had some really good results from Feet First too. Never tried Cheshire Shoe.
Post edited at 12:40
OP RyanH 30 Nov 2016
In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks for that
 Trangia 30 Nov 2016
In reply to deepsoup:

Plus 1 for Feet First
 Tigger 30 Nov 2016
In reply to RyanH:

Feet first did a pair of miura vs for me and they came back feeling exactly the same despite requiring toe caps, my Testerossas also came back with no change to the fit.
 Iain Thow 30 Nov 2016
In reply to RyanH:

Used Feet First a couple of times and they've done a good job.
 ianstevens 30 Nov 2016
In reply to deepsoup:

+1 for Llanberis resoles
 Shapeshifter 30 Nov 2016
In reply to RyanH:

Plus one for Llanberis resoles, Torquil does a top job.
 Trangia 30 Nov 2016
In reply to RyanH:

There used to be a guy operating from a van at the car park to JR Martin (Nr Fontainbleau) who would resole whilst you waited. I heard good reports about his work. I don't know if he still operates? If so, it's worth knowing if you are planning a visit to Bleau.
 Mick Ward 30 Nov 2016
In reply to Shapeshifter:

+ 3 for Llanberis resoles.

Mick

Scott K 01 Dec 2016
In reply to RyanH:

I've used Cheshire shoes and Llanberis. Both did a good job. I tend to use Cheshire shoes more as they also resole leather shoes so I can send a few pairs at a time.
 BrendanO 01 Dec 2016
In reply to Scott K:

Cheshire been good for me, especially Boreal Jokers which seem to take well to resoling. Also used Tiso shops with success, they will also NOT resole if they think your shoes have gone too far, which is perhaps a good idea.

Personally, I don't know if very fancy shoes are perfect after a resole, but that's far from expert opinion.

Other option is sevondhandshoes of model and soze you know. Sometimes cheaper!
 olddirtydoggy 02 Dec 2016
In reply to RyanH:

Feet first +1
 Tricky Dicky 02 Dec 2016
In reply to RyanH:

Been happy with mine, just back from Cheshire Resoles
 pebblespanker 03 Dec 2016
In reply to RyanH:

+1 for Torquill at Llanberis, fast service too
 johncook 03 Dec 2016
In reply to RyanH:

Cheshire Resoles. Great work, quick turnaround and reasonable price. Shoes come back the same shape as before they were soles, but a fraction tighter in 'til the new sole softens a bit.
In reply to RyanH:

Where do you live? There is a new resoler in Hampshire and she's great. You can drop them at Red Spider wall.

No website or anything yet. My resoles from her have stayed as my main shoe!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...