UKC

The Establishment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 01 Dec 2016
Free copy, I will post ( I will pay P+P) to anyone interested in this fantastic book.

Mail me through the forum. Ta
 JayK 01 Dec 2016
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

I'd rather read about Chavs...
 Big Ger 01 Dec 2016
In reply to JayK:

They are more funny after all.
 Jon Stewart 01 Dec 2016

Still there? I'll take it. Pity it'll be preaching to the choir, but eh, if non of the Tories want it, I will at least read it and likely agree with every word.
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Jon,

Have you read it?
 Jon Stewart 04 Dec 2016

No, I just don't think it'll challenge my views, merely entrench them!
Jim C 04 Dec 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Still there? I'll take it. Pity it'll be preaching to the choir, but eh, if non of the Tories want it, I will at least read it and likely agree with every word.

This may save some postage.:-
"a broad summary of the preceding chapters and the complex relationships between the groups which make up the establishment, and how through common interest rather than any sort of organised conspiracy, it has become a vehicle to serve the rich and powerful. He then goes on .....stating that people should be working towards a “democratic revolution”.
 Ridge 04 Dec 2016
In reply to Jim C:

> This may save some postage.:-

> "a broad summary of the preceding chapters and the complex relationships between the groups which make up the establishment, and how through common interest rather than any sort of organised conspiracy, it has become a vehicle to serve the rich and powerful. He then goes on .....stating that people should be working towards a “democratic revolution”.

What's wrong with that? It seems a pretty fair summation of what goes on. It's not an evil conspiracy by a shadowy organisation, just a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' attitude between government departments, quangos and certain industries.
Jim C 04 Dec 2016
In reply to Ridge:

> What's wrong with that? It seems a pretty fair summation of what goes on. It's not an evil conspiracy by a shadowy organisation, just a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' attitude between government departments, quangos and certain industries.

That's why I posted it, Wiki has already summarised it ( and if he does not agree, he can always edit it)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...