UKC

VIDEO: Rab Commitment Series - Greg Boswell: Dedication

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Dec 2016
Greg Boswell, 4 kbGreg Boswell is one of the UK's strongest Scottish winter climbers, motivated by the drive to push his physical limit and onsight hard new routes. His life revolves around an intensive training programme and his commitment to maintain this routine is reflected in his achievements during the winter season. The latest episode of the Rab Commitment Series features Greg's dedication to his passion for Scottish winter climbing.

Read more
 TobyA 01 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

What route/routes is he filmed on?
 Pipecleaner 01 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Commitment is the one word to sum up Greg and his approach to climbing...inspiring might be the other!
In reply to TobyA:

Cutlass.
 HeMa 02 Dec 2016
In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

Yup... nice line... A bit disappointed, that the grovel chimney of pitch 2 was missing though...
 D.Russell 02 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

"climbed the world’s first grade XII, 'Banana Wall"

Anubis in winter by Dave Mac was the first Scottish grade XII
 planetmarshall 02 Dec 2016
In reply to D.Russell:

> "climbed the world’s first grade XII, 'Banana Wall"

> Anubis in winter by Dave Mac was the first Scottish grade XII

Given that neither have been repeated, it's a bit of a pointless ( though entirely in the keeping of UKC ) argument. Maybe if Dave repeats Banana Wall this Winter we'll have a definitive answer...
 Brendan 02 Dec 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:
Dani Arnold repeated Anubis last winter.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item/70357/interview_dani_arnold_on_anubis

What would you grade the route as? Dave MacLeod mentioned that it was harder than the XI’s he has done.

That's a very hard question and of course I have done some hard routes but not as many as Dave or Greg (Boswell). I did The Hurting almost onsight and I fell off three times on Anubis. Yes, probably a bit harder. It is also very hard to compare it. The majority of routes I have done are not really steep, but Anubis is very physical. I don’t know exactly. The conditions are almost never the same. But yes, I can certainly say that I had to fight for Anubis!
Post edited at 12:02
 D.Russell 02 Dec 2016
 planetmarshall 02 Dec 2016
In reply to D.Russell:

> Dani Arnold repeated Anubis last year.

I stand corrected.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...