UKC

El Chorro Quad bike/moped hire?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 06 Dec 2016
Just booked our first sport climbing winter get away. I was looking at car hire but then got wondering if it's possible to hire a quad bike or mopeds in El chorro as we won't need transport for the entire week. Can anyone advise please?
 Emilio Bachini 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Tigger:

It's so cheap to rent a car off season that I'd probably more worthwhile than renting something more obscure and impractical.

It really won't break most people's banks to rent a car for the week, especially if it's between a few people.
OP Tigger 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Tigger:

Yea car hire worked out between £60 and £80 but I haven't driven on the wrong side of the road before so was thinking picking up a moped in chorro might be preferable to driving from Malaga.
 deacondeacon 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Tigger:
You know the moped will have to be ridden on the wrong side of the road too
In all seriousness it's only awkward for about ten minutes anyway. It becomes second nature quickly.
 snoop6060 06 Dec 2016
In reply to Tigger:

The drive is easy. I'd say actually impossible to get on the wrong side of the road until you are off the main roads and on the way to chorro. And by then, they are pretty narrow anyway so it is no different to driving here on a country road.

There is nothing in chorro apart from a station, a cafe and a couple of restuarants. Certainly nowhere you can get a moped or quad bike. I've never seen either in chorro.

In any case, if you are worried about driving, don't get a car. It is useful to get to desponlandia (spelling?) but if you are going in the dead of winter it's absolutely baltic up there so best avoided. It was pretty much unclimbable up there 10 days ago. Spend the whole week at Makindromo if you can deal with an hours walk daily, not to be missed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...