UKC

Ski stuff for boy: advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ceri 06 Dec 2016
Looking for winter gear for a 12 year old boy for Xmas, ski gloves balaclava etc. Any recommendations? It's really hard looking at pictures to see whether gloves are any good or whether "boy" size hats will fit a nearly teenager...
 alasdair19 06 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

worth the effort of getting to a decathlon. big range and keenly priced
ceri 07 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

We do have a decathlon locally, good idea!
 aostaman 07 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

Or Mountain Warehouse.
 Jim Walton 07 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

Definately worth getting to Decathlon. Their range of Gloves and Mitts is great. Takes the kids along as they have a wealth of sizes in Gloves.

We've just Got our eldest some of their Wed'ze XWarm kids top and a pair of of there 3/4 length padded base layer bottoms (so they finish above the top of the ski boot) and they are brilliant.
 mike123 07 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:
As above really , kids thermals from mountain wharehouse are excellent but imho the gloves less so, so decathlon for gloves . Lots of gloves .
ceri 07 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

I can't take the kid, he lives in a different country... I saw him a couple of weeks ago and expect his head and hands as as big as mine!
 blurty 07 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

The Aldi stuff is very good, when it's avaiable
 Stairclimber 09 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

Whatever you choose, invest heavily in the gloves and get him to wear wrist loops however uncool they may look. Getting cold hands makes for a really miserable beginner. At the other end, dry out boots well each evening. Save money with second hand jackets and trousers as layers underneath will always compensate. Personally I think mittens are better, but your son won't.
 winhill 09 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

The problem with kids ski stuff is they grow out of it after the first use.

Sports direct often have a load of reasonable stuff cheap enough, especially if going later on and they start to reduce it (not much help for Xmas presents, I know).
ceri 09 Dec 2016
In reply to ceri:

I do get very chilly hands, so I recognise this as a bad thing! Went to decathlon where I found age 12 gloves which were more comfy and insulated than the adult smalls at the same price, they have wrist loops too and are quite long in the wrist which I like. Just hope boy likes them
ceri 09 Dec 2016
In reply to Stairclimber:

Lol, my half brother not my son! These are my boys... http://s851.photobucket.com/user/ceri1/media/resting1_zpsahkbk8xn.jpg.html?...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...