UKC

Women's b2 boot recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bradholmes 07 Dec 2016
Hi folks

Looking to buy a pair of b2's for my better half as she's going to do a bit of UK winter hill walking and potentially the odd climb with me. Hoping for some ideas as I've looked at either Scarpa Charmoz or La Sportiva Trango as options so far. She does tend to have cold feet so not too sure about these lightweight options with minimal insulation, therefore after opinions and user experience!

Thanks
OP bradholmes 07 Dec 2016
In reply to bradholmes:

Bump?
 Mountain Llama 07 Dec 2016
In reply to bradholmes:

My other half use scarpa mantas http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/scarpa-womens-new-manta-boots-p138888 no issues with cold feet when used with good socks.

Cheers Davey
OP bradholmes 07 Dec 2016
In reply to Mountain Llama:

Cheers bud, I hadn't looked at them as I thought they might be heavy. They're actually not bad in smaller sizes! Going to get her to try a pair.....
 wbo 07 Dec 2016
In reply to bradholmes: bear in mind boots in small sizes are very stiff compared to larger sizes. You don't mention the size you're looking at but something like a 37 Charmoz is plenty stiff for climbing

OP bradholmes 08 Dec 2016
In reply to wbo:

Good point, hadn't considered that there's obviously less flex in a smaller boot, she's not likely to do anything serious this season, don't want something that to her will feel like hillwalking in b3's all day. I've ordered a pair of Charmoz to see what fit etc.. is like. Might try the Sportiva's too, then Mantas if neither of those fit/feel right.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...