UKC

Paramo sizing advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davenev 08 Dec 2016
My MRT has struck a deal with paramo for some spangly new pro mountain trousers and we get to choose the size.

Paramo size chart has medium at 32" waist 30"leg or large short at 36" waist 30" leg. Normally I wear 32" trousers and with a waterproof layer I'd generally go a little larger but would the step up to 36" be excessive? Don't want big flapping sails round my legs!

Anyone got any experience with paramo sizing?

Cheers
m0unt41n 08 Dec 2016
In reply to davenev:

Big and flappy sums up Paramo design aims. As for absolute size, I normally take a medium but with my MR Paramo Aspira Pro trousers use a large. With the Paramo Aspira Pro jacket I take a medium and normal use a medium.
Paramo trousers are a bit like PHD ones, flappy, excess material and a bit crude but solid. Not sure what newer ones are like since my team do not use Paramo now. Although I refuse to hand back my Aspira Jacket, love Paramo jackets if twice as heavy as everything else.
But I never used the trousers, much too uncomfortable for me.
OP davenev 08 Dec 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:
Agree the jackets are great and hopefully the new trousers will perform equally well, beggars can't be choosers and all that!

Looks like it's heading towards the big and flappy size large.....
 raincloud 08 Dec 2016
In reply to davenev:

Depends on which range of paramo - enduro trousers are a completely different cut and fit compared to cascadas and the enduro jacket is a completely different cut and fit to aspira/velez
 Dave 88 08 Dec 2016
In reply to davenev:

I have their stuff and love it. If I was gonna buy more of their kit, I'd buy to accommodate the widest/longest bits of myself, then send it back to them to tailor in the inevitable baggy bits. They charge quite a reasonable price.
OP davenev 08 Dec 2016
In reply to raincloud:

Pretty sure we are getting aspira pro trousers.
 angry pirate 08 Dec 2016
In reply to davenev:

My tuppeneth: I am a 32" waist with 33" inside leg and I had Cascada trousers and Aspira trousers in medium long.
The Cascada kecks were a cracking fit in that I could wear them as trousers if the weather was biff all day or lob them on as over trousers on top of normal walking kecks / softshell trousers if the weather was more changeable.
The Aspira trousers could fit Ron Hills or powerstretch leggings under if it was Baltic or were fine on their own.
As said above they weren't the most sculpted fit but with the articulated cut in the knees they were a nice walking /climbing fit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...