UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Wideboyz Smash Staffordshire Nose Record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Dec 2016
Wideboyz and the Staffs Nose, 4 kbThis August, 'Wideboyz' Tom Randall and Pete Whittaker broke the Staffordshire Nose Challenge record, knocking two and a quarter hours off the previous record and finishing in 2 hours 44 minutes.

UKC were present throughout each stage of their journey, and can vouch for how exhausting just keeping up with Pete and Tom on foot was, let alone actually climbing the routes! A video has just been released by Dark Sky Media of their valiant effort...

Read more
 stp 09 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Interesting vid and maybe the shape of things to come for British rock climbing. With no new crags or new routes to go at future generations will have to create challenges like this, linking multiple routes together, to do something new or exceptional.
 Bulls Crack 11 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

> Interesting vid and maybe the shape of things to come for British rock climbing. With no new crags or new routes to go at future generations will have to create challenges like this, linking multiple routes together, to do something new or exceptional.

Fortunately future generations will still have all the existing routes to go at!
 Dave Garnett 11 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

> Interesting vid and maybe the shape of things to come for British rock climbing. With no new crags or new routes to go at future generations will have to create challenges like this, linking multiple routes together, to do something new or exceptional.

Pseudofractures are the way forward. I once did a VDiff with my hand in a splint.
 mark s 11 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

That's unreal.
Myself and andi originally tried this 10 years ago before anyone had done it.
It was exhausting and we ran out of daylight , we left tails between legs and worn out straight to the pub.

Good effort lads
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Astounding - I doubt I could walk round the cliffs in that time!

Chris
Helen Bach 11 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Funny - no Robert Durran rant on how shit the entire enterprise was.
 planetmarshall 12 Dec 2016
In reply to Helen Bach:

> Funny - no Robert Durran rant on how shit the entire enterprise was.

Classy.
 stp 12 Dec 2016
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Fortunately future generations will still have all the existing routes to go at!

You really think that's going to satisfy them?
 Michael Gordon 12 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

I can't see an end to the potential for hard new routes in Scotland for a long time yet.
 andi turner 12 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I will not rest until we've smashed it back again.
 stp 13 Dec 2016
In reply to Michael Gordon:

I'm sure that's true. The main problems with Scotland for outsiders is the weather, the midges and the fact it's often just as easy to get to much of Europe in the about the same time with better weather and even more rock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...