UKC

low ball problems north wales or grit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cankerblossom 15 Dec 2016
I am gently getting back into bouldering a year after rupturing a knee tendon. It's strong but to get back in at the shallow end I was after some low ball suggestions preferably around north wales or southern grit or peak lime. For example left wall traverse type problems.....
 Brass Nipples 15 Dec 2016
In reply to cankerblossom:

Low ball problems - have you been to your GP about it?

teltrabm 15 Dec 2016

there are some long shuffly sideways traverses at Wright's rock, Rheinstor & Nuda's tartan, Rubicon that are all about 7a. Hampers hang at stanage 7aish too I think
OP cankerblossom 15 Dec 2016
In reply to teltrabm:

thanks i will look some of those up
 string arms 15 Dec 2016

Full roadside extension at the cromlech f7c+/8a
Bustach traverse Homage to a hound fr7b ish
Eight days in june at scimitar ridge fr7c+
All low ball and good landings. Similar grades to left wall traverse.
 Jon Stewart 15 Dec 2016

Explore the Churnet: traversing capital of the universe.
 zv 16 Dec 2016

next door to left wall traverse in the split infinity cave there is Rock Bottom F7A which is lovely.

The harder stuff to its left between V7 and V8 is quite low, maybe 2 meters max for the height of the finishing jug.

Bodafon crag has a hidden gem up the hill which is very hard to find - pumpsville V6, it's lovely and no polish at all due to the bushy walk in.

In plantation there are plenty of stuff that hit the bill - Zippy's traverse has the tricky bit next the ground and the finish is V1.

The traverse across the Pebble face where Deliverance is is V7.

Slightly easier but a magnificent place is the Buckstone on Stanage Neb with an immaculate V4 low traverse which os excellent endurance training .

I am sure there are many more low ball gems in the guidebooks.

Have fun and good luck with rehabbing your injury.
OP cankerblossom 17 Dec 2016
In reply to zmv:

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Will look these up and good inspiration.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...