UKC

My NeoAir X-lite is gonna burst!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 17 Dec 2016

Are there any super skinny roll mats available to go underneath an inflatable? Or some Kevlar fabric I can lay underneath it?
I can feel it's gonna burst! You all told me so. Why oh why did I spend £120 on a burstable sleeping pad!
Post edited at 19:27
In reply to zimpara:

It won't Burst.... great mats used one for almost 3 years. Little noisy otherwise it's great I bot a lightweight foil sheet that goes under it on eBay the boy made them to fit the Xlite & Xtherm think they're £12, & if it bursts Msr Customer Service is Dynamite!
 RR 17 Dec 2016
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:
I didn't tell you, zinpara, no way. Yes, it is noisy as Stevie says. Nowadays I put a z-rest under it for safety reasons. Before I used a thick yellow MEC mat. Saved my life one time when a Thermarest “something” light collapsed due to filling it with “moist”. But as you use a pump bag it works like dream = No problem since at least many years, as far as I remember.
 Shortshorts 17 Dec 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Gossamer Gear have a 1/8th inch evazote foam pad on their site, the popular solution in US it seems. But shipping to the UK probably costs more than the pad itself. This is basically the same thing but double size.

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/exped-doublemat-evazote-sleeping-pad/
 Guy Hurst 17 Dec 2016
In reply to zimpara:

The Highlander silver sleeping mat is good for this job, and it adds a little insulation. It's light, and cheap.
 jezb1 18 Dec 2016
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

> It won't Burst.... great mats used one for almost 3 years. Little noisy otherwise it's great I bot a lightweight foil sheet that goes under it on eBay the boy made them to fit the Xlite & Xtherm think they're £12, & if it bursts Msr Customer Service is Dynamite!

Thankfully thermarest's customer service is pretty good too
 leon 1 18 Dec 2016
In reply to jezb1:
MSR + Thermarest are the same company
To the OP --For £5 you cant really go wrong with Blacks foam mat or even some bubble wrap under the Neo Air (small bubble stuff folds up pretty small and weighs almost nothing) or buy a £4 tarp sheet from B+Q and cut it down
http://www.blacks.co.uk/activities/103110-multi-mat-camper-mat.html

http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-tarpaulin-l29m-w19m/161640_BQ.prd
Post edited at 10:31
 jezb1 18 Dec 2016
In reply to leon 1:

Same distributers, yes.
 galpinos 18 Dec 2016
In reply to jezb1:

Not just distributors but two brands of the same company, Cascade Designs.
 Simon Caldwell 19 Dec 2016
In reply to zimpara:

I've never heard of one bursting, they're stronger than they look. You could put something underneath to provide more protection, but that rather defeats the point of buying something ultra-lightweight.
 wbo 19 Dec 2016
In reply to zimpara:
Bursting these is pretty hard - perhaps you should back off on the cakes a bit.

That might explain your travails on gritstone beginner routes as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...