UKC

NEWS: Ultimatum, 9a+, first ascent by Stefano Ghisolfi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Dec 2016
Stefano Ghisolfi on Ultimatum, 9a+, Massone, Arco, 4 kbStefano Ghisolfi has made the first ascent of Ultimatum, 9a+, in the Pueblo sector at Massone, Arco. Perhaps not the most striking of lines, but very difficult indeed.

Finally I sent the last connection in Massone! This is the hardest route in Arco, I called it Ultimatum and the grade could be...

Read more
 stp 19 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Wondering if this is the link up Ondra tried a while back in front of a crowd.

Never been to Arco but I always get the impression that this something like the euro equivalent to Raven Tor with every possible variation and link up imaginable climbed, named and graded.
ff 20 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

The whole Arco region is covered by climbs coming along in basically all available colors and flavors. Meanwhile, Massone is mainly known as a sport climbing venue - so maybe Raven Tor and Massone relate, but "Arco" is likely differing a lot.
 Si dH 20 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:
> Never been to Arco but I always get the impression that this something like the euro equivalent to Raven Tor with every possible variation and link up imaginable climbed, named and graded.

I know nothing about Arco/Massone but thought exactly that reading his route description!
Post edited at 06:52
 Matt Vigg 20 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

Arco is a beautiful place with not so beautiful climbing, one of the most polished places I've been to - not so surprising with all these link ups eh!
Gaz Parry Climbing 20 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:
The region around Arco is amazing, one of my favourite holiday climbing destinations. You can walk, swim, windsurf, climb sport or multi pitch, mountain bike and do via ferrata. Massone is just one crag of many. It is the best for hard sport climbed but has something for everyone from 4 to 9a+ with approximately 150 routes. A litter better that The Tor IMHO. Sadly the best destinations see the most traffic and will undoubtedly get polished with time. Arco's climbing is a products and spearhead of the 80's boom.
Post edited at 07:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...