UKC

Tight Dinner Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 19 Dec 2016

Not worn my DJ for about twenty years! Got a do coming up in a few months and I've just tried it on

I've got two choices; either I get rid of some bulk around the chest and waist - I am loosing a bit of weight. Or I take it to a decent tailors to get an expansion job done. Has anyone had a DJ altered and how was the result?

The do is at one of the London Inns of Court so second best will not do!

Trousers are fine BTW - or they will be in about a month
Post edited at 21:14
Clauso 19 Dec 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

> The do is at one of the London Inns of Court so second best will not do!

Don't be so ridiculous! After all, isn't Liz Truss Secretary of State for Justice?
OP FesteringSore 19 Dec 2016
In reply to Clauso:

> Don't be so ridiculous! After all, isn't Liz Truss Secretary of State for Justice?

Don't think she'll be there.
 SouthernSteve 19 Dec 2016

Hire one. Dj fashions change and it's not expensive.
 BigBrother 19 Dec 2016

> Don't think she'll be there.

That is a shame. It sounds like a truss is what you need.
 jcw 19 Dec 2016
Depends how it was made. I've had mine well over 50 yrs and have no intention of buying another one at 83 for once a year events. The major problem was the waistcoat. Abandon it. Have everything at the waist band let out to the max and a seam put in the arse. Have a zip replace fly buttons. Have an extra waist button placed near the top of the zip to use for doing up. All that should allow at least 4 niches. And wear your now two piece DJ and tell your mates proudly you've had it for nearly 60 years. They'll see your white hairs and admire the old style tailoring . If it's off the peg though, better go to Marks and Sparks and buy a new one.
Post edited at 22:14
 gethin_allen 19 Dec 2016
In reply to SouthernSteve:

> Hire one. Dj fashions change and it's not expensive.

I'd agree, I dug out my DJ after ~`12 years in the cupboard and although the fit was ok/as crap as ever the main thing I noticed was the style compared to those that had hired/bought recently

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...