UKC

Softshell trousers for shorties

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 22 Dec 2016
I'm looking for some new winter weight softshell trousers. I've had some really good Mountain Equipment ones that i've had for a few years, but tired of having material bagging out around the top of my boots, which i've caught on my crampons a few times (but never ripped. Well done ME for good quality kit!).
But after a quick look at some of the better brands, they don't seem to cater for the short winter warrior. While a lot of them do short leg lengths in their normal, and summer weight softshell trousers. Non seem to do so for their burlier offerings.

Anyone come across anything good?
 Doug 22 Dec 2016
In reply to CharlieMack:

I just look for a pair without zips, integral gaiters etc & then shorten them. My current pair are from Milo, a Polish brand found in a sale in Andorra, although I picked up a pair from Trango (Spanish, bought in the Pyrenees) this summer but have yet to shorten them
 HeMa 22 Dec 2016
In reply to CharlieMack:

'Ryx Gamma AR is available in both long and short models to complement the normal sizes...
OP CharlieMack 22 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

I've thought about shortening, but they are tailored for a certain length. So the articulated knees are too low.
 Pids 22 Dec 2016
In reply to CharlieMack:

> I'm looking for some new winter weight softshell trousers.

> But after a quick look at some of the better brands, they don't seem to cater for the short winter warrior. While a lot of them do short leg lengths in their normal, and summer weight softshell trousers. Non seem to do so for their burlier offerings.

As a fellow shortarse I've discovered that woman's fit trousers are shorter in leg length - same brands / materials / range of clothing, just have shorter leg range

Please note that I have only followed this advice for my winter climbing trousers, not every day way

Jim Braid 22 Dec 2016
In reply to CharlieMack:

I've had to get Paramo trousers shortened and Paramo needed leg length to knee in order that they could keep the articulation. Well worth the money to get this.
 Street 22 Dec 2016
In reply to CharlieMack:

I've found the ME G2 trousers are pretty short legged. I'm usually a short leg in every other brand but in these I can get away with a regular.. Makes me feel almost normal!
 marsbar 22 Dec 2016
In reply to Pids:

I was about to suggest the same thing.
2powern 22 Dec 2016
In reply to Street:

I've got a pair of the old version of these and can agree.

Montane do a few of their softshell trews in short leg lengths. I've got the super terra and terra guide (I think) in short and they're good for my stumpy legs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...