UKC

Crux Storm?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Fuzzymuzzle 24 Dec 2016
I've got a line on a used Crux Storm with updated poles and wonder if anyone might be able to share an opinion on it?

I plan to use it for winter camping above or at the tree line, probably between 2000 and 5000 meters.

I'm mainly interested in how it vents and how usable the vestibule is.

I know it's on the heavy side, it's tricky to pitch and that the vestibule is on the small side.

If I could afford a Jannu I would probably go that route simply for the easy and dry pitch.

Thanks in advance and happy Christmas!
In reply to Fuzzymuzzle:

Had the use of one few years ago used for about 3/4nights in the Snow around the Coe & Etive I used it solo, Fantastic tent Solid,Easy to pitch Poles weren't that great but as you say updated newer models! Make sure the Blk meshy circle is attached to the inner sides to stop the fly touching, great large Porch area very usable and a great wee zipped rear entry for kit (can only be accessed via the inner) use the vents, I'd defo be confident using ifs its in good condition with newer poles and if its a Good price your Laughing hard to come by these Used!
It's under 3kg not that heavy
Fuzzymuzzle 25 Dec 2016
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Thanks so much, I appreciate the info. I went for it. At $300 I had to. It's well taken care of but also very used. The seller is a hard core expedition mountaineer and definitely put the tent through the paces. Fortunately I have an excellent gear service/repair place in town when it needs it. I'll probably take it in and have them give it a once over, maybe a new coat of DWR.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...